What is the cheapest source for the C-1?

Taylor,

I bought 2 at East Coast Music for $199.00 each plus 17.00 for 2nd day delivery, 415.00 total for the pair. Ordered them on a Tuesday, arrived on Friday. Came complete with form fitting case, shockmount, wind screen. Couldn't be happier.

This was about 2 weeks ago, just told them that I knew several others who had orderd at that price they said no problem.

Good Luck!

------------
Fishkid

www.eastcoastmusic.com

Also try www.magicaudio.com

For those ordering, it's definitely worth it to pay a few extra bucks for Fed Ex 2nd Day, rather than have it shipped Fed Ex Ground – which is actually run by another company that was recently bought by Fex Ex. Lots of people have had delivery delays and not so good stories about Fed Ex Ground.

A good price on a C1 would be anything below $209 – excluding shipping.

So, Fishkid, now that you've actually laid your hands on them – what do you think of the mics?

Thanks guys,

I'm gonna have to wait until tomorrow. I dogged around to long today and waited too late.

Taylor

I've been working in the epicenter, ground zero, if you will, of UPS's next day air operation for going on 8 years. We are on the same airport as Fed Ex (although we take up about 200 times as much space). Let me be the 1st to tell you... packages can take one hell of a rough ride, no matter who you ship it through. Your best bet is to ship next day, cause its only in the mix of things for an evening and the early part of the next day.
All I can say is, I hope ANYTHING electronic or fragile is packed very well before its shipped.
Anyone ever seen a million packages being moved inside a building at the same time? Pretty neat... we land a plane every 2 minutes for most of 3 hours, and then we send them back out the same way. (yes, thats over 90 jumbo jets and about 10 small feeder craft)
The neatest thing of all is watching about 1 million pounds of shit (no shit) being loaded onto a 747 and then watching it take off. I swear it looks like its gonna fall right outta the sky about 10 seconds after it leaves the ground. Slooowwwww. Never does though. Scary.
Peace,
Paul

I just ordered one through East Coast Music for 217.99 shipped 2nd day air. They don't have any but say they should be getting some in on Monday.

Taylor

I got one at Magic audio for 189.

They are excellent - I compared to my V67 - I have to admit I like it better - but thats my taste. Specifically, its great on female vocals where I wasn't as crazy about the V67. I know I am a newbie on this forum, but I have been messing around with recording for 10 years.

This would be a nice mike for any price (just like the Marshall). It compares well with my 414 (better for some stuff - worse for others), but great on soft vocals and female vocals.

Sounds good Cheeseman,

I have the V67 too. I really like the way it sounds. I have a C3000B too. Harvey is giving a listen to it and he's gonna let us know what he thinks of it.

I'm really impressed with the Marshall mic. I ordered a pair of 603's too. I'm really looking forward to getting the C-1 and seeing how it compares to the 67 on my voice.

I gotta quit buying mics and get me some decent monitors. I want the JBL LSR25's. I might have to rob a liquor store to get them. :D

Taylor

Wear baggy clothes
Ask to demo it a your least favorite store (Guitar Satan etc)
Stick it in you pocket and run as fast as you can
If someone tries to stop you kick them in the junk (male or female)

Well you asked.....

Wallycleaver said:
Wear baggy clothes
Ask to demo it a your least favorite store (Guitar Satan etc)
Stick it in you pocket and run as fast as you can
If someone tries to stop you kick them in the junk (male or female)

Well you asked.....

Yea Wally, but how can you run fast with a JBL LSR25p in each pocket???:)

Back