What if there were no angles in the studio room?

Acoustic guitar interiors are designed for maximum projection of the sound. Don’t think it would make for a good studios design

As others have said, the curved walls are going to focus the sound in certain places so wouldn't work well. However, it is very common to use non parallel walls and ceilings in professional studios to reduce standing waves and prevent resonances.

When I visited Sweetwater I checked out their studio. No parallel walls with that place. I thought the ceiling was an interesting design.

StudioA-Map-d72f3984.jpeg
studio-a-8-e6ab7345.jpeg

When I visited Sweetwater I checked out their studio. No parallel walls with that place. I thought the ceiling was an interesting design.

StudioA-Map-d72f3984.jpeg
studio-a-8-e6ab7345.jpeg
Hey! That studio is almost as nice as mine. 😂

Just kidding.

Nice space. looks like you could even record a string section in there.

I’ve got a curved wall in mine and while there is a focal point where mics sound very odd, the overall result is the room sounds bigger than it actually is!

The studio I work in regularly has no parallel walls. Some are just a bit off square, and one has a subtle accordion fold. The ceiling is peaked and has some hanging absorbers.

Well, I doubt it would be ideal acoustically, but it's a cool look. I've always wanted to do a circular studio, like a kiva, tepee, or British roundhouse. Cover the walls with rough lumber, adobe, and/or textile hangings to absorb sound. Acoustically? I have no idea. Probably not so great. But it would be a cool visual space to play in...

I've always wanted to do a circular studio,, and/or textile hangings to absorb sound.
An old fling had her room done up like a Genie bottle. She had it circular with pink, white, and purple curtains making up the bottle theme. I could see bringing a guitar in and recording there..

Of course the Royal Albert Hall is a huge cylinder. An impressive bit of architecture built to honor the man but an acoustic disaster!

It was tamed many years ago by the installation of 'flying saucers.'

Dave.

I used to do sound for a concert under the stars series at a local planetarium. The acoustics were pretty interesting. Not exactly what I'd want from a studio though. Celtic pianist recording came out pretty good but was close mic'd. Room had pretty good natural reverb but not one you could control.

Back