What Caps to use for fixing up vintage solid state amp.

chrisghost

I'm fixing up a 70's HH Electronics V-S Musician amp. One of the caps has been leaking, so I'll replacing both of them.

We're talking about 4700uf 50V elctrolytic capasitors here. Easy enough to order a couple put them in of course.

I fixed up a Fender Bassman this summer. When reading up on it everybody recommended either Sprague caps or another brand (I forgot the name).

For this Solid State Amp I'm doing now is there any brand of caps anyone is keen on?

Thanks!

Are these power supply caps? Panasonic and Nichicon caps are quite well regarded, but try to get 105 degree rating for better durability.

Paul

Are these power supply caps? Panasonic and Nichicon caps are quite well regarded, but try to get 105 degree rating for better durability.

Hi Paul, thanks for the input. Please excuse my ignorance. I'm in the process of learning about this sort of stuff + English is not my first language.

What is "105 degree rating"?

I think these are power supply caps, indeed.

Sorry, the rating is a temperature rating - 105 degrees Celsius. (You will typically see electrolytic capacitors rated at 80 or 105 degrees C).

Paul

Sorry, the rating is a temperature rating - 105 degrees Celsius. (You will typically see electrolytic capacitors rated at 80 or 105 degrees C).

Paul

I had allready Googled it and ordered a pair of Panasonics. Indeed I took the 105c version, it always make sense to invest a little in dureability. Thanks for that one, I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Back