what brand of guitar/bass do you use?

Which brand of guitar or bass to you prefer?

• Gibson

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • Fender

Votes: 94 29.9%
  • ESP

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Ibanez

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Jackson

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Rickenbacher

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Washburn

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Oscar Shmidt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 103 32.8%

• Total voters
Ibanez and Epiphone

I have 3 electrics

Ibanez Rg 321-played like a dream sounded like poo till i put 2 seymour duncan invaders in it. Now it rips, main stage guitar.

1 epiphone sheraton- old, don't know what year???

1 epiphone sheraton 2-john lee hooker signature.........the best ever
both vintage sunburst and dreamy to play.

I also have an Ibanez acoustic electric and a shitty fender acoustic I got when I was twelve.

I also have a schecter s-1 elite in gray mist on layaway as well. ooooohhhhhhh can't wait, one of the nicest playing guitars I ever played for sure...........besides my sweet sherry of course.

The other guitar player in my band has an old cort electric with built in effects under his bed.It is a weird guitar, never seen anything like it. What a hunk of shit but it's fun to dink around with. :D

I'm the proud owner of this '68 Ampeg AMB-1 bass guitar. My dad bought it 3rd or 4th hand around '72 and played it for years but had to switch to a lighter bass when he started having back problems. It's mine now and the longer I play it the sweeter it is. One day I'll acquire a new generation Ampeg bass made by Bruce Johnson ( www.xstrange.com ).

Attachments

• ampeg-amb1.jpg
    ampeg-amb1.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 133
'61 Fender Strat
'73 Gibson Les Paul
'75 Gibson J45
'99 Taylor 314CE
Alembic 5 string bass of unknown vintage

Built my bass with a Stewart MacDonald ash body and neck (Jazz body and a old 60's Precission neck). Peavey VFL pickups and a Schaller roller bridge.

I voted Gibson, but I'm both a Gibson and Fender man myself. More specifically Stratocasters and Les Pauls, both very good guitars with very good sounds.

EddieRay said:
I'm the proud owner of this '68 Ampeg AMB-1 bass guitar. My dad bought it 3rd or 4th hand around '72 and played it for years but had to switch to a lighter bass when he started having back problems. It's mine now and the longer I play it the sweeter it is. One day I'll acquire a new generation Ampeg bass made by Bruce Johnson ( www.xstrange.com ).

Holy @#$& that's an awesome ax!!! :eek:

the baby:
'71 Les Paul Custom, ebony. all original, gold hardware. stole it 10 years ago for $900 and a piece of shit Ibanez trade-in .

the workhorse:
bang-on copy of the Gibson L6S, made by Bradley, yr?? solid maple w/Super Distortion bridge pup. yeah its bright.

I play a Traben, Phenox series 5-string and a 4-string Yamaha fretless through an Ampeg 150 watt 4x10 half stack. I also have my old Jackson JS-40 4-string that I learned on. The action is fucked and the pickups are subpar, but I still bring it out every once in awhile.

SteveK said:
Thorn Artisan Deluxe
TheRose.jpg

and Artisan Master
MaxBearwithWRC.jpg

Here's the back of the Artisan Master
Thorn_back.jpg

These are my two main electric guitars. Both have custom WCR Darkburst pups wound on stabilized wood bobbins.
I also have another Thorn Artisan Deluxe with 2 P-90's and a bridge humbucker, a Gretz Custom, a PRS Modern Eagle and Hollowbody I, Anderson Classic, Fender American Deluxe V-neck Strat, and American Ash Tele with a set of Barden pups.
For acoustic I have a 6 string Martin, 12 string Taylor, and a Yamaha nylon string.

how do you move in your house for guitars?!

Here's a pic of two of my guitars, I prefer the Ibanez to play over the Strat, I also have an Ibanez Roadster II Series which is my favourite!

Gorty said:
Here's a pic of two of my guitars, I prefer the Ibanez to play over the Strat, I also have an Ibanez Roadster II Series which is my favourite!

I bet that Ibanez has got major balls...

I have:

Fender Strat Mexican with Lyndy Frahlin Hot pickups on it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Jazz Premier Mexican bass
Martin D-35

I love playing them all. The Strat is just awesome with the Lyndy Frahlin pickups on it. It really makes that Strat sing! :D

Toki987 said:
I bet that Ibanez has got major balls...

She's not bad Toki, can be a tad thin sounding but cranked up through the Laney 100watt valve head and Laney Quad box she is a winner!

1981 Gibson Les Paul baby

Because I was raised with The real deal I can't stand the feel of Epiphones. Same for American made Fenders and Mexican, I can't digest the cheap ones.

My favorite axe is a Fender Squire Strat that's been modified so much I don't feel right calling it a Squire anymore. New wiring/switches/knobs, Fat 50's PUPs, locking schaller tuners, etc.
A close second is my Cort MGM.

Back