What books have you been reading lately?

I have 4 Tom Clanceys, 2 James Pattersons, a John Grisham, a John Sanford, and a Scott Turow on the shelf next to me waiting to be read. I just haven't been able to get into the mood for a couple of years. Maybe this winter, after I finish the book on Jimmy Page.

I have 4 Tom Clanceys, 2 James Pattersons, a John Grisham, a John Sanford, and a Scott Turow on the shelf next to me waiting to be read. I just haven't been able to get into the mood for a couple of years. Maybe this winter, after I finish the book on Jimmy Page.
How is that Jimmy Page book - I'm a super fan and have been considering it next.

Grim, It's Chris Salewicz's Jimmy Page A Definitive Biography". I picked it up a few years ago at a bookstore's closeout table. I used to read a lot more when I was traveling for work, and would stop by a couple of book stores near where I stayed. One was right next to a Guitar Center... talk about a double whammy! Go browse around the guitars, then go grab a book or two.

It's Chris Salewicz's Jimmy Page A Definitive Biography".
I had a book of his many years ago about Paul Macca that was also called "The Definitive biography."
It wasn't very definitive.
Especially when Barry Miles's biography "Many Years From Now" came out.
I remember being a bit nonplussed because in the photo section was a photo of the ex-Wings guitarist Jimmy McCulloch, seated, dead in a chair. I didn't appreciate that.
There were a couple of interesting McCartney stories in the book {he didn't get involved with Chris} and Salewicz came up with a really interesting theory about what the lyrics of "Yesterday" were actually about that actually seemed very plausible.
when I was traveling for work, and would stop by a couple of book stores near where I stayed. One was right next to a Guitar Center... talk about a double whammy!
Ditto. I used to do deliveries in London's West End and there were a whole host of bookshops that I would stop off at on my rounds. Sometimes, I spent as much time looking at books as I did delivering stuff ! And because my route took me around Tin Pan Alley {actually called Denmark Street} I'd stop to look at instruments, effects, DAWs, VSTis. The West End got rich on the back of this "investor !" So many great stores like Turnkey, Sound Control, Chappels, Rock Stop......

Right now I'm finishing "Please kill me - the oral history of punk" by Legs McNeill and Gillian McCain, besides that I'm reading "How to diagnose and fix everything electronic" by Michael Jay Geijer,"Make: Analog synthesizers - A modern approach to old-school sound synthesizers" by Ray Wilson, "Complete guitar care and maintenance" by Johnny Blackwood (lousy written, can't recommend), "Hoodoo cleansing and protection magic" by Miss Aida, "Hur man blir samtidskonstnär på tre dagar" (how to become a contemporary artist in three days) by Lars Vilks & Martin Schibli, "Lonely Boy" by Steve Jones with Ben Thompson, "Le loup-garou et autres nouvelles" by Boris Vian (rereading, great book)...

Back