Web Space - FTP site - reccomendations?

Lorddiagram

I am looking for a place to upload/download and pass files for project work. Where would be a good place to get say 1GB of space?

Thanks

lD

do you have and high-speed internet connection? Then host it on your own computer!

Their's lots of FTP programs like this one http://badblue.com/ Just give the other person your IP # and whatever and they can access your files and download.

You probably wouldn't want to host it on your own PC before checking your ISP's policy of acceptable use. Most do not permit you to run a server out of your house (running ftp would be considered running a server)

vestast said:
You probably wouldn't want to host it on your own PC before checking your ISP's policy of acceptable use. Most do not permit you to run a server out of your house (running ftp would be considered running a server)

I've tried it before with road runnner. They have a upload limit of 45kb/s so theirs really no point if you're looking to have alot of traffic cause your bandwith will die. If you're looking for a quick way to transfer files and your isp dosent mind its a quick way to save a couple bucks :cool:

fldrummer...so roadrunner doesnt mind?

and yeah, I HATE that 45kbps upload limit! it drives me crazy! haha. why not just let us use what we want, 40 bucks a month you sure should..jeez!!! haha.

web space/domain name reg.

Here's what I use.

Web Space: www.ehostsource.com
500mb web space, 50gb transfer, unlimited e-mail/ftp accounts.
5.75/mo.

Domain Name: www.godaddy.com
approx $9 a year for domain name registration.

Never had a problem! They don't have a fancy control panel but if you are familiar with updating content via ftp then it's great!

dlv

Back