Wayfaring Stranger

famous beagle

Hey y'all,

I'm in the process of mixing my wife's solo album and was hoping I could get some ears on a few of these. Here's the first: "Wayfaring Stranger."

Thanks!

Attachments

• Wayfaring - mix 1.mp3
    5.1 MB
I pricked up my ears when I saw the title, because only recently we had done a version of it.

I enjoyed your version. And I thought the mix was great. I wondered whether some of the instruments I hear on the left could be sent to the right, e.g. maybe one of the fiddles.

But really, It's fine.

For interest . . . here's our version . . . a complete contrast:

I Love her voice! Pretty soul stirring. I totally agree about spreading the instruments out a little. Great Job , I Really enjoyed this .. mark

I pricked up my ears when I saw the title, because only recently we had done a version of it.

I enjoyed your version. And I thought the mix was great. I wondered whether some of the instruments I hear on the left could be sent to the right, e.g. maybe one of the fiddles.

But really, It's fine.

Wow! Great version y'all did there! So great to hear different takes on the same song, and y'all did a phenomenal job with it. Thanks for the listen and for sharing!

Beagle, I think it's darn near perfect. On headphones, the instruments are a bit left/right but on speakers it's great. Absolutely love the vocals. She's an excellent singer!

Gecko, same thing on the vocals of your version. Very nice harmony, which just brings a smile to my face. I'm a sucker for this type of stuff.

I Love her voice! Pretty soul stirring. I totally agree about spreading the instruments out a little. Great Job , I Really enjoyed this .. mark

Beagle, I think it's darn near perfect. On headphones, the instruments are a bit left/right but on speakers it's great. Absolutely love the vocals. She's an excellent singer!

Gecko, same thing on the vocals of your version. Very nice harmony, which just brings a smile to my face. I'm a sucker for this type of stuff.
Thanks so much!

Hey y'all,

I'm in the process of mixing my wife's solo album and was hoping I could get some ears on a few of these. Here's the first: "Wayfaring Stranger."

Thanks!
Here’s an analogy. You have a beach with an incredibly beautiful woman walking along it. Who cares about the beach.

Such is my opinion of the song. The mix doesn’t concern me. Her voice does it all. Very beautiful strong voice. The decay on her notes is so smooth as she just holds the perfect pitch.

Music is just background. :)

Here’s an analogy. You have a beach with an incredibly beautiful woman walking along it. Who cares about the beach.

Such is my opinion of the song. The mix doesn’t concern me. Her voice does it all. Very beautiful strong voice. The decay on her notes is so smooth as she just holds the perfect pitch.

Music is just background. :)
Ha! Thanks for the feedback. I agree about her voice and tell her often, but it's nice to be able to point to compliments from others as well. 😉

Reactions: RFR
Great freaking vocals!! I like the wide mix. I might bring the vocals out just a touch when the entire ensemble kicks in. Vocals are just a little buried, but that's a personal choice. I like vocals up front on something like this.

Great freaking vocals!! I like the wide mix. I might bring the vocals out just a touch when the entire ensemble kicks in. Vocals are just a little buried, but that's a personal choice. I like vocals up front on something like this.
Thanks for the listen and the feedback!

I like the panning choices; they work well when you have such well performed parts/vocals and giving them their own specific places in the sound field really makes things stand out in a good way. Awesome job performance and mix wise.

But really, It's fine.

Wow! really cool listening to this after famous beagle's version, as he stated, super cool to hear different interpretations on the same song. Both versions are great!

At places like 0.58,1.46 and 2.58, the vocal sorts of drops off into inaudibleness. Automation and parallel compression would be the first two things I'd be reaching for.

Lovely rendition of a great tune.

At places like 0.58,1.46 and 2.58, the vocal sorts of drops off into inaudibleness. Automation and parallel compression would be the first two things I'd be reaching for.

Lovely rendition of a great tune.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll check out those spots!

I'd only spread the string parts out a little wider and more forward in the solo section. MAYBE bring the percussion forward a hair That's all I've got.

Again, thoroughly enjoyed!

Back