walter tore's spontobeat songs

Walter Tore

I did this awhile ago but forgot to keep up with it. I am going to post my songs here as they come up with any commentary that might be inspired to come out. I record about a cd worth of spontaneously created songs a day. Walter

11-25-10

my music cries my tears

11-26-10 here are some from this mornings session. Man, I am looking out my studio window watching the pine trees blow in the wind. I am warm, happy, Judy is healthy, my dogs at my feet. Life is good! Walter

black friday blues
hobo man
11-26 wondering why life is so hard
sometimes I think I'm a little strange

11-28-10 electric 1 man band. I have a touch of the flu and needed to play some to take my mind off it. Walter

the ups and downs of spontobeat
find out who you are
so easy to be with you

here is one I did with just 1 room mic. I think I caught the acoustic guitar and vocals pretty good. I have a cold of some sort and needed to play some to take my mind off it. I almost fell asleep playing. Kind of a cool high! the guitar is a handmade one a local luthier built with 60+ year old woods. It really is a sweet guitar. Walter

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9930455

008.jpg

here are some recorded today with one microphone while sick with a fever.

acoustic guitar, harp, vocals

time to leave this earth
the world don't smile like it use to
sleepy time
I got a fever

the monster we created-our childrens legacy
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9939088

I have been following threads on various internet forums about where live music is today and where it may be going. Fortunately there are records, dvds, film footage, and interviews. I say this because for all we know live music as we have grown up with may soon be exstinct and at some point a young generation may want to tap into this. I am talking the grass roots levels not the big stars. They have always been well documented thankfully. I am talking about the majority of guys that dedicated their lives to blues and roots music scenes of america that never made much of a national splash but still spent much of their lives performing.

So as I have been reading these posts I got inspired to play. In case some don't know it, I make everything up as I go along. All my words and music are spontaneously created. I tap into the universe and songs appear and I channel them through me. Well, some just rolled through me about what it was like to be a working musician on the grass roots blues/american roots scene for a couple decades. I haven't heard of anyone who regularly is doing songs about this stuff. So I am kicking it off and hope others find inspiration to do the same. We all have stories to share and what better way to do than via a song! It is the closest thing to living history we can leave. I am not talking a cover or rearrangement of a cover, but your own experiences- an autobiographical book via recording these songs.

Hopefully more will come through me. I can't dictate where I go with my music so I have no idea where I will go with this, but I hope some people will close their eyes, relax, let their imaginations drift, and go back in time with me. If enough of us do this, we may help kick start the live music scene. I am running a 101 fever (my normal temp is 97 so I am a bit high) but it sure is flowing. Walter

memories in song-doing a gig beginning to end

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9939395

memories in song- ghost towns that used to rock
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9939316

memories in song- houston's parish parties
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9939232

I went back to my punk/rock/NJ/NYC roots for a moment today. I jammed with guys like Joey Ramone, The Dead Kennedys, The New York Dolls, Fast Floyd(mink deville), and I still love those beats. I could never be a pure bluesman because too much of this stuff is in my makeup. I did one of my takes on those days with the song:

You got to learn to cry

it's snowing today (more in my normal style)

Haha, long live NY punk.

Your catalog is quite impressive. That you do it on the fly is even more impressive. Keep up the good work.

Haha, long live NY punk.

Your catalog is quite impressive. That you do it on the fly is even more impressive. Keep up the good work.

thanks Greg! I see you are in Texas. I lived/played in austin for 11 great years. I remember going through Katy often on the way to Houston giigs (fitzgeralds and rockefellers) if my memory serves me right? they were great times. I miss Texas. Walter

here are a couple more from today:

I use to rock with fast floyd (mink deville, the spiders)
the in and out lovin boogie

Fitz is still kicking, I played there about a year ago. It's as dumpy and dilapidated as ever. I'm not sure about Rockefellers though. I haven't even thought of that place for many many years.

You got any pics of the old days with Joey Ramone or Mink DeVille or the NY Dolls? I love that scene and era of punk rock. I listen to the Ramones, NY Dolls, and Heartbreakers daily. They never get old to me. There used to be a band here in Houston called "Personality Crisis" that were, as the name implies, a rock band heavily inspired by the NY Dolls. Their frontman was a guy named Willie who also worked at Rockin Robin. He was a really nice and cool dude. I haven't seen him around in a while. Anyway, they hosted a few Johnny Thunders memorial shows, and it was freaking great. This was back in the early 90's right after Johnny Thunders died. Great shows. Cheetah Chrome was at one of them. He made Joey Ramone look like Brad Pitt. :D

Back