"Wake Up"

The guitar is pretty cool. I'd like to hear the backing tracks a bit better/louder. That tom fill wears out it's welcome pretty quickly. I'd put one in at the start, one at the end and leave the rest out, or have another variation somewhere. Nice playing

Reminds me of Jan Hammer era Beck.
Ditto the tom comment from Bulls Hit.

The 2nd guitar needs a level lift - it's not in a supporting role that far back - it's just aural window dressing.
Nice stuff.

Great playing on the lead line and sound quality overall. Backing gtrs nicely done too and it'd sound good I think if the lead took a few beats' pause periodically to let the backing gtr or bass (with some more varied figures than the loop it's on) step forward for some contrast.

Thanks everyone – I appreciate the input.

Bulls hit: I recorded the backing tracks on the neck p/u so they have no high end…so I buried them! I can do better. The drum loop…and the tom fill …..enough said…

Rayc: …Hammer and Beck …I’ll take that as a complement…( ..or is that a jab at my age? :) ).....thanks for listening

Tim: you are right….I think that the lead guitar is a little monotonous and the tune needs to relax and breath! The lead was just one take, -what you hear is what happened. I could edit it down for some space. What do you mean by ‘sound quality’ – just the lead or the tune itself?

Thanks,
Dara

Nice sound.
Solid bass, kind of a funky feel, might sound cool with a little more high end on the bass.
The groove kind of reminds me of Satriani's "echo" a bit.
It might sound cool to take that main guitar melody and throw some backing leads/harmonies in as well. Maybe to end the song.
Just some ideas... Pretty cool track :)

Pretty sweet for one take on the guitar.... Tone to die for.... Great licks....

I do find the drums a bit loud for my personal taste - the snare seems too loud.....

Does remind me of Jeff Beck - nice work....

:) :D :) :D

Back