• My gravestone will be shaped like a Crybaby

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • WahWah's are so disgusting I'm gonna shoot the next punk who says the word

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Victory Pete is a lame thread bumper

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
sile2001 said:
There is no, "Yes, I use wah sometimes and on some recordings" option... This poll is defective!
I wanted to say that, but since he already did...........

sile2001 said:
Am I the only one who found the pedal travel of the crybaby to be too short? I felt like I had no control, because the tiniest movement made a huge difference in the sound.

Then you would LOVE the Fulltone Clyde Wah. The pedal throw is longer and you have way more control, not to mention it sounds great. To hear it go HERE and listen to "Blues Found Me".

All the wah sounds on that song I played w/ my Clyde wah.

A

I had a crybaby for a while. The sweep wasn't long enough and Q didn't sweep low enough for my taste. I have the digitech Whammy Pedal that also has some Wah presets. I hardly ever use the pedal but the Wah sound in the 04 preset bank is my dream wah. I have no idea what its modeled after or if they even modeled it after anything.
I also like to use a wah set in one setting (not moving it) for leads. I think Dunlop finally came out with a pedal that was just a knob for setting where the filter was at. Id like to have one of those for live use but oh well.
So I guess I use one on ocassion.

Aaron Cheney said:
Then you would LOVE the Fulltone Clyde Wah. The pedal throw is longer and you have way more control, not to mention it sounds great. To hear it go HERE and listen to "Blues Found Me".

A
Nice track man! And very nice tones!

I'd look into the Clyde, but when I went searching for a replacement for the Crybaby, I found the Super-Bawl Whine-O and it's been perfect. Can switch from very smooth to very agressive, and it has a ridiculously wide sweep and pedal travel.

For emotional Nu-soul music or basicly anything slow and in 6/8 beat, a wah is good. I use an envelope filter myself (Q-tron) but I had a wah and it would work just as well (except I can't use my foot as well as my hand ;))

Aaron Cheney said:

A

Ok Aaron, I've gotta ask what guitars were used in that recording...I like the tones!

There was a LOT of work put into those tones, actually. Here's the rundown: Most of the lead is my Melancon strat through my Rivera Quiana with a touch of a Foxrox Zim pedal with the B9 card. Still with me?
The rythm guitars are a Fender Strat on one side through the clean channel of the Quiana and an Analogman King of Tone Pedal, and an Ernie Ball Silhouette on the other through a Sansamp Trademark 10 *gasp*, and then processed with the Cakewalk AmpSim *super-gasp*.
Then, most of the rythm parts were doulbe with my Taylor 514C in stereo... one side was mic'ed with a Studio Projects C1 and the other side was direct from an internal pickup: the K&K Pure Western to be exact.

I'm not sure I even followed all that myself. :confused:

And... the EBMM Silhouette's for sale if anyone wants it. :D

Go to my site and you can see pics of all the gear I used.

A

OH.... BTW... that songs and 9 others are on my CD. 10 bucks includes free shipping. PM me if you want one.

A

p.s. If this is considered SPAM I apologize and please delete this post.

Aaron Cheney said:
There was a LOT of work put into those tones, actually. Here's the rundown: Most of the lead is my Melancon strat through my Rivera Quiana with a touch of a Foxrox Zim pedal with the B9 card. Still with me?
The rythm guitars are a Fender Strat on one side through the clean channel of the Quiana and an Analogman King of Tone Pedal, and an Ernie Ball Silhouette on the other through a Sansamp Trademark 10 *gasp*, and then processed with the Cakewalk AmpSim *super-gasp*.
Then, most of the rythm parts were doulbe with my Taylor 514C in stereo... one side was mic'ed with a Studio Projects C1 and the other side was direct from an internal pickup: the K&K Pure Western to be exact.

I'm not sure I even followed all that myself. :confused:

And... the EBMM Silhouette's for sale if anyone wants it. :D

Go to my site and you can see pics of all the gear I used.

A

Very impressive stuff sir! The Silhouette explains a lot of the rhythm tone :D . A friend of mine has one, and it's about the nicest feeling electric i've ever played. It's sound ain't too shabby either!

Why the gasp on the Trademark 10??? Those things rock! I use a Trademark 60 on the stage, but the 10's are nice too.

sile2001 said:
Very impressive stuff sir! The Silhouette explains a lot of the rhythm tone :D . A friend of mine has one, and it's about the nicest feeling electric i've ever played. It's sound ain't too shabby either!

Why the gasp on the Trademark 10??? Those things rock! I use a Trademark 60 on the stage, but the 10's are nice too.

I think the the Trademarks and the Roland Blues cubes are the most overlooked amps in history.... but the minute you start telling people in certain circles that you went direct or used something other than an "esoteric vintage tube-o-plex deluxe" you start getting sideways looks. Frankly I could care less as long as it sounds right. The TM and RBC sound frikkin' great, tubes or not.

However, the fact that I used Cakewalk AmpSim surprised even me. I don't think it sounds all that great, but it worked in this particular situation.

A

Aaron...very cool track, well done! :D I totally agree about the Clyde, I've got one on both my gig and my practice board...top shelf!!!

I have just been reborn recently concerning Wah Wah's. I have several Cry baby's that I hate, they never had enough throw from bass to treble. I now use a Vox ToneLab SE pedal board and it has a Wah Wah built in, along with a Volume pedal. They are both assignable so you can switch between effects. This Vox Wah is awesome. not only can you switch between 2 types you can tweak the settings. It is great, I use it frequently and I a looking foward to recording with it.
VP:cool:

I have just been reborn recently concerning Wah Wah's. I have several Cry baby's that I hate, they never had enough throw from bass to treble. I now use a Vox ToneLab SE pedal board and it has a Wah Wah built in, along with a Volume pedal. They are both assignable so you can switch between effects. This Vox Wah is awesome. not only can you switch between 2 types you can tweak the settings. It is great, I use it frequently and I a looking foward to recording with it.
VP:cool:

Don't forget to post up some clips when you do record it VP.

Back