Vtb-2

Shit, if it has a 300V supply for the tube and iron in it that's enough for me. I'd be VERY interested to hear this thing. It sounds like something I'd be interested.

Thanks Alan.

You mentioned your considering adding MS decoding.
Do you mean you might actually add a Matrix decoder?
I've only touched on the subject,so I may have misunderstood what you ment.

If you were to add this,along with the other great features you already have,I for one will buy it.
Nobody else offers a Matrix in a pre,as far as I know.

I'm in the market for a new pre,but would be willing to wait for this one.

Pete

muzeman said:
Thanks Alan.

If you were to add this,along with the other great features you already have,I for one will buy it.

Pete

Yes this would be a decoder, not an encoder, but just a decoder. Actually, it is quite easy to do.

That´s why I brought it up, M/S decoding is prolly easy to implement and would give the VTB-2 yet another feature not common seen in this (or other) price ranges.

It would give the VTB-2 extra plusses/stars in it's reviews and make sure I bought one. ;)

Muzeman,
Actually there is a pre amp w/ m/s decoding: True systems Precision 8 and P2. Although they be veeerrry expensive.
Heck for the P2 you could get an GR2nv but thats like apples and oranges.

T

muzeman said:
Thanks Alan.

Pete

Thanks Tonio,like I said,Iv'e just touched on the subject,really not up on how it all works.
I didn't know you needed a seperate encoder and decoder to do MS,guess I need to do my homework!:D
I know it's supposed to be great for stereo work.

One more question for Alan,if I might.
What type of tubes are going to be used in the unit,12AX7's?

Thanks,
Pete

Alan, I was just wondering if you could give us a little idea of the sound of this beast. I would just like to know what you would compare it too. I am looking at getting a nice stereo pre this summer. So far I am very interested in the VTB-2 and also the new Toft stuff (When will this be out?). I am also interested to see what the new Meek stuff will be like. I have an MQ3 and I understand I will be able to send that in and trade for one of the new Meeks with some additional money. Could I also trade it in for something bigger like a twin Meek with more money? Or Heck maybe you would let me swap my Meek and my VTB-1 for a VTB-2 plus cash :) Thanks

dudleys100 said:
Alan, I was just wondering if you could give us a little idea of the sound of this beast. I would just like to know what you would compare it too. I am looking at getting a nice stereo pre this summer. So far I am very interested in the VTB-2 and also the new Toft stuff (When will this be out?). I am also interested to see what the new Meek stuff will be like. I have an MQ3 and I understand I will be able to send that in and trade for one of the new Meeks with some additional money. Could I also trade it in for something bigger like a twin Meek with more money? Or Heck maybe you would let me swap my Meek and my VTB-1 for a VTB-2 plus cash :) Thanks

To be honest, I have no clue...I have never heard one before. We have decided to make it a 300V tube design with transformer in and out. We are trying to see what kind of a deal we can get from the better transformer manufacturers so we can see if we will bring it in on target.

You can trade a Meek for a Meek, not a Meek for a VTB-2 or Toft. The first units will be shipping in two to three weeks on the new Toft ATC-2. We are getting excited on this one....

How would you describe the Toft stuff. Would you say it is closer to something like a Grace?

And what will be differnet about the Meeks?

Hell yeah! This looks like just the product I'm shopping for, and if it comes out 575€, I'm all over it.. (if it's good, that is... )

when???

I looked all over but couldn't find any info on the progress of the VTB-2 posted in the last 2 months!

Does anyone know how it's coming along??? Originally it was supposed to come out in late January/Feb! I'm anxious!!!

Also, are the new Meek's coming out anytime soon???

Back