VS2400CD - "operation failed" message when burning discs

heatmiser

mr. green christmas
Hey - kind of a long shot here...

I have a Roland VS2400CD and am having problems with the CD burner. It has worked flawlessly for years until a couple of days ago. I have not changed CDR brands or types recently as I know these old drives are sensitive and sometimes reject certain discs.

Anyone else every had the "operation failed" message when trying to burn a disc? I get all the way through the menus and it begins the burning process, but at some point this message always appears, then the machine locks up and I have to power down.

I'm thinking of reformatting the whole drive just to get a fresh start, but I doubt that would effect the CD burner. Also, I can't back up the 3 songs I have on there now without the CD burner, so I'd lose all 3 songs if I reformatted.

I did figure out that I can record a disc using my standalone Sony CD Recorder, but all I did was run cables from the Roland's main outs to the analog inputs on the Sony. My fear is that some sound quality will suffer due to these extra connections. Any ideas??

Thanks. I didn't know VS Planet was still around? I think I actually read that same thread a long time ago when I was first thinking of buying this Roland.

Basically they're blaming it on the discs, but this happened to me in the middle of a batch of discs that had worked fine...? I dunno, can't hurt to switch brands yet again I suppose. I already have some stacks of other CDRs it has rejected in the past.

Also check to see if the CD really burned the data even when it said operation failed. Some of them said the disks were fine even with that message.

And then the other thing was checking what version of the OS your machine is running as earlier versions had bugs for exporting.

Good luck.

Also check to see if the CD really burned the data even when it said operation failed. Some of them said the disks were fine even with that message.

And then the other thing was checking what version of the OS your machine is running as earlier versions had bugs for exporting.

Good luck.

Thanks man. I did forget the OS part...I saw a link there to a patch/upgrade if I'm running an older version. I did check the discs in case the operation had not if fact failed (which I have encountered before) but no such luck. Thanks again.

If you are still having a problem, I would recommend that you create an account at vsplanet and ask for help over there. There's a lot of experienced guys over there that don't hang around over here, so you'd probably get more help at the planet.

Back