Vox's 1.5 challenge.....

I love the laid back / country folk feel....The guitar seemed a bit "changy" though. Sort of stepped on your vocals on occassion. Besides that I was just waiting for Mandolin to bust in somewhere. (food for thought)

just FMI, how did you record the guitar?

hehehe.. for this one, I just plugged the dumb-ass thing in and went.. nothing fancy(obvioulsy).... ...thanx for the listen.

One of my all time faves. Good choice. Good job. who says you need a day to track and another to mix!

A very nice listen!Just what I would expect from Tom N. and his guitar!Perhaps a bit chorusy,but fine sounding just the same!Me likes!!

Just gotta' give my boy,FmRush, a listen...

Mellow & emotional, I was feelin' this 1 nicely. MOST UNIQUE chord changes where at 1st listen, it seemed a tad outta' context with this jammy's melodic direction, but after the 4th listen, I understood the path you were following musically and listening to your lyrical flow & style it fit right on in!

I really liked the voc riff's in conjuction with lead @ 1:49! A folk-ish and laid back simple version of what George Benson does! Sweet!
Brutha', gimme' a lil mo volume on your voc's! Your voc phrasing technique & style is excellent (remember, I got 1 of your c/d's) and on this song a wee, bit of volume, IMH-.02-cent opinion, and my ears are THERE!
You know sumthin'; wierd... but I felt no 1 style in this song!
More like a FmMahoganeyRush original concept of combined genre's of jazz(for the unique chord change),folk(well, U know why), some hybrid form of Alt.Rock(form some reason your vocs took me there) and country( down home flava' with NoEast influences).
Simply, anutha' enjoyable and nicely recorded production from
brutha' FmRush!!!:cool:

Nice job man.I wish I had the skills to sit down with a guitar and belt out a tune like that.I have a wuss of a voice that has to be doubled in recording situations.:o

I Enjoyed it it a lot.What kind of 12 string is that?

thanx guys! Kramer.. the Guitar is a "Lawsuit" F series Takamine.. Mahogany back, sides and top (nothing to do with my nick..lol), with a Fishman electronics (bridge/under saddle pickup, EQ, phase switch, preamp deal...). I did run the guitar through a Chorus, not that a 12 string needs it.

I just used the SM58 I happened to be singing into at the time. It's sorta funny... I do have a bunch of stuff here, an AT 4050 and an ART Tube MP pre which is wonderful for mic-ing instruments, and for vocals.. a rack full of multi effects EQs, Compressors, blah, blah, blah.. and for some reason, I like it better when I keep it simple,, Go Figure:rolleyes:

sounds good.. I thought the guitar was almost too 'jangley' if that's even a word.. maybe it was the high end on it or something.. not sure.. cool version though..

A Lawsuit Takamine? Did you win it in a settlement? I absolutely love this song. The 12 sounds great.

Track Rat said:
A Lawsuit Takamine? Did you win it in a settlement?

Lawsiut Takamine is a nickname that this series ended up with. The F-Series Takamine's (at least for a while when they first came out with them) were modeled after Martins, right down to the shape of the headstock and logo size, font, and color (the sneeky bastards :D ). It's actually a wicked nice guitar... ...and Martin sued them for making copies that were a little too close to the "real deal" :p . If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive acoustic guitar that plays and sounds really nice, try to check out one of these. I've played a few of them, 12's and 6's, and haven't found a dud yet, but I may have just been lucky.

I happen to agree with the "twangy" sound of the guitar in the recording. I suppose that's where the AT4050 would come in... ..but I didn't have the energy to set all that stuff up (I'm still suffering from a noise isolation problem. ... ie. the lack of:rolleyes: )

Kewl thing you got here... guitar sounds sitary almost. You got a sorta Bruce Springsteen crossed w/Bob Dylan thing going... vocals. Nice & emotional on the "doo doo doo's"... so... guess it's your house I'm comin to in August? Cool...

c

Happy Trippy...Cool!I waz boppin in my chair.A touch of Dylan in there.Do do do-do...hehehe.Nice!

Toki987 said:
I got a "file not found " message. Did you take it down?

huh... nope, just one click and it went for me.. you server musta been busy or something. try it again.. you might wasnt to right click in it and do "SaveTarget As" and load it into your computer. I did just check on it and it seems fine so if you want, just try again. Thanx for trying my friend! Hey.. You coming to the JamFest?????????

beezelbubba said:
Hey Tom,still planning a jam this weekend.Things are looking better for me making it,if so!

As far as know.... Dragonworks hasn't E-ed me that he's blowng me off.. I gotta light a fire under Q's ass, but hell yeah, even if you just want to come down.. that'd be cool.. I need to pick yer brain regarding how you recorded "Freaking Out". Let me know.. It'll be a Saturday - Sunday deal as I'm going to an overnight party on Friday... and probably bringing "a little sumptin'" back... nudge,nudge:cool: Let me know how things are looking!

Cool beans!I'll just need the name of your street again!
The wife said I could go,and hopefully Overtime will get cancelled this week!I could still do it even if I work,but I'd prob'ly conk out pretty early.We shall see!

Beezey..

Tom Neville
131 Route 6
Andover, CT 06232

Home: 860-742-0612
Cell: 860-982-2943
Bail Bonds (just in case:eek: ) 860-646-5774

If yer looking on MapQuest, type in:

131 Hutchinson Road
Andover, CT 06232

For some reason they still have the addy going to that dead end street on the other end of the driveway. If you need any more info.. gimme a call!

Back