Volume pedal

acidrock

GO PACKERS!
I'm considering getting a volume pedal,strictly for volume swells and pedal steel like sounds not as a control,and I was wondering if anyone has any input as to what I should look for.Passive?Active?Some other considerations?

I have a couple...an Ernie Ball and a George Dennis...both mono.

Either one will do the job for you.

I've used them with guitar and my pedal steel.

Ernie Ball. You really don't need to look any further.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

You might also like a Morley--a lot of them have a volume control wired in as an alternate to whatever effect they have. They're pretty low maintenance, since they're optical, as far as the volume pedal is concerned.

You can also make one out of a dead wah, if you're cheap like me.;)
Use a 250K or 500K pot.

You might also like a Morley--a lot of them have a volume control wired in as an alternate to whatever effect they have. They're pretty low maintenance, since they're optical, as far as the volume pedal is concerned.

You can also make one out of a dead wah, if you're cheap like me.;)
Use a 250K or 500K pot.

I used a Morley for years, the optical feature is great, no more scratchy pots. It also had a very smooth response and sweep. I had used Cry Baby's before and they never had enough "wah" in them. Now I use a Vox Tonelab Se that has a wah pedal in it that is adjustable, it is also optical.
Good luck
VP

I use a Boss FV50. Pretty cheap and has a minimum volume dial if you don't want to entirely mute things.

Back