Voice audio help

filip V

Hey guys,
I am video editor but I need to add some short voice overs and they sound little bit crappy because are from other videos, so I want to improve the quality and remove the noise as much as we can, tried with audacity but still... Is there any audio engineer that can help me? Please!
You can find me on soundcloud "Filip Petreski" I have a playlist that is called "need audio fix" (Sorry I can't post links because this is my first post)
If you have any questions please e mail me on filipp (at) valoso com

Hi Fillip, Just touching base here (Oh dear! the 'imericanisms are catching!) to say welcome.

Have you tried Sony Soundforge? And I know I keep saying this mods but...www.soundon sound.com. NOT better! Just a different set of experts.

Dave.

Noise removal in Audacity as you probably have found out requires a good sample of the noise you want to remove. If you don't have that, it will be difficult, but even with it, the results may not be satisfactory, since it can introduce a lot of artifacts. But, if you've got any place at the start or end where you can sample the background noise you might just try it with different levels of removal to see if it helps.

There are expensive repair s/w like RX, but not sure it's going to help much here. Personally, I'm not bothered by it when it accompanies a video, because it is so typical, I guess.

I'd just work on leveling the tracks' loudness and be careful with compression that does makeup gain which will make that noise more noticeable.

This is why you see boom poles intruding into the frame - folks trying to get rid of background noise like this. Hard to do in those convention halls.

They sound crappy because they were recorded badly, not because they're from other videos. Think about what you mean when you say you want the "noise" removed. What you're really saying is that you want the sound of some people talking reduced so you can hear the talking of somebody else. Technically there's no real difference between them except that one is sometimes a little louder. To really separate the talking you want from the talking you don't want, at least using conventional tools, there needs to be a more solid difference between them.

Back