Vocal Tips

If it's for JUST vocals, grab yourself some acoustic foam, and put them up. You won't need bass management systems installed or anything since human vocals don't even get down that low anyways. Cut a section off in the room, put some walls up, and throw some acoustic foam in there all around and you should be fine.

Fyre - if you use that - make sure you use thicker blankets or several blankets, otherwise, it'll be like hanging a sheet over it.

give props to Tim O'Brien its his design...he pops on this site alot...real simple and can get what you need done..glad i could help

The only problem with blankets, is their absorbtion quality is low. Yes, they're pourus material, yet they're also a bit reflective. Since there is no shape to redirect reflecting waves (as in, directing them away from the mic) the blankets won't help very much. They'll help some, but you'd be better off buying an Auralex standing foam pannel, or one of these Reflection Filters by SE. http://www.seelectronics.com/rf.html

Change- i dont think he will have the room for the Reflection Filter..this is why i recommended the cheap booth..

true..well if we willin to pay that much...then it might be a good deal for him..or anyone else..

im diggin that reflection filter... but 300 wow... lol i think i could build one of those... and just use some studio foam and get good results

hmmm.. i made same kind of booth from a chinese screen.. it's about 2 meters high made from two separate parts that you can set between 90 to 180 degrees.. then i just put two fat matresses to lean against the parts and voila.. Microphone is deep inside the booth and it has improved the quality of my vocals like 1000x... you prolly get those screens from IKEA for 20$

MastaChief said:
hmmm.. i made same kind of booth from a chinese screen.. it's about 2 meters high made from two separate parts that you can set between 90 to 180 degrees.. then i just put two fat matresses to lean against the parts and voila.. Microphone is deep inside the booth and it has improved the quality of my vocals like 1000x... you prolly get those screens from IKEA for 20$

I read a post somewhere, where doin waht uu did was also recommended...

Back