Violn newby aged 74

Colin, do you have a luthier to consult, or is the printed page your main guide? Sorry for all the questions, but compared to a violin build, recording a decent take of Lara's Theme should be relatively easy.

Just want to say good for you for setting out and doing this and being very committed to it. Sounds like a great bucket list item.

Hi,

Thanks for the Pete Hartley information rob, very interesting indeed; he's in demand; https://www.pete-hartley.co.uk/ I can only dream of playing like him.

Thanks for asking dobro; yes I have a luthier in fact my generous wife bought my German 1880 violin from him but with problems; he lives adjacent to a main road which is busier than the M1 motorway making it extremely noisy; due to Covid I'm not allowed into his workshop so any personal contact is on his front door step with face masks worn making it a real pain. I do have two recordings I play in the studio which I converted to MP3 these are;

Thanks CrowsofFritz for your encouragement; I'm determined to play Lara's theme on my violins however long it takes; hopefully I'm getting on top of all the must do jobs around the bungalow and gardens allowing me some quality studio time; I really enjoyed a good half an hour in the studio this afternoon connecting my new monitors and I also used meths to clean the bow hair and violin strings; I've just bought new Gold Rosin and was keen to try it out; boy what a difference this has made; my violin playing suddenly improved not only listening to it on my shoulder but playback was also much better than I expected; just the kind of result to keep driving me on.

It's been yet another very busy day but if I stick at it surely I'll get on top of all the jobs which need doing; our detached bungalow and gardens are definitely high maintenance and now the growing season is upon us there's hedge trimming and grass cutting etc.

Kind regards, Colin.

Back