VF160EX - Can I replace individual tracks/wavs within a program???

RockinBones

I've owned a VF160EX for years but never really had to consider the issue of replacing an individual track/wav within a program (f.ex. track 1 of 10 ONLY in one program). I accidentally must've recorded over a section of roughly 10 seconds of track 1 (drums), but have a backup of this specific track. Is there any way I can load this individual track from my backup into this program? I've seen people mention this is possible, but the instruction manual doesn't seem to indicate anything and is rather vague.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...and yeah I know, it's an old machine by now ha.

I think if it is possible it will be very difficult. The only way I can think of is to use the punch in and punch out to overwrite this section of track with your copy of the original. See P37 of the Manual.
If that does not work then playback the recording and the backup into your PC and use an editor such as Audacity to rebuild the track, then re-record the whole track.
I am not sure of the editing capabilities of the VF160 as I have the MR16 but on my machine I can lift a section of a track (the backup) and re-locate it in a different time location. The MR16 has a "clipboard" facility (like "copy" and "paste" on a PC) that allows this to happen.

Hope this is of some help.

Back