Version 4.0 released!

cellardweller said:
I read on the fasoft forum that it was more demanding on "cpu usage".

Can anyone confirm this or deny it? :confused:

Haven't checked it out on my main DAW, but on 1 of my older ones (933MHz PIII) CPU usage seems to be about the same between 3.3 and 4.0.

pc usage

on the audiominds forum some comparasons have been done and it seems its less cpu intensive, but most a holding off for a couple of months to get all the bugs worked out...

I've put in 6 hous or so with it over the last 2 days. Some people complained about stability issues with the previous version but I never had them. However, I have had plenty of issues with 4.0. It sometimes won't even open until I reboot my computer. Also, with my sound card (delta 44) I can't have cool edit and n-track playing .wavs at the same time. This hasn't been a problem in the past, I just close one and I'm good to go. Version 4.0 likes to lock up when this happens.

My biggest complaint, is that every time I mix down tracks it locks up at the end of the mixdown and I have to ctrl-alt-del and shut it down. The mixed down track is fine though.

even though the version is out of beta, most long time users are waiting for all the problems to be worked out before upgrading, they are playing with the demo, but still using 3.3 till things become more stable. A common problem with many software updates.....

Back