V-Verb OR Zoom RFX 1000 ? ( Digital Effects )

M300SEL

Last edited:
One of those links shos a price of $229 for the V-Verb, and the other link shows a price of $549 for the Zoom. Is your price range really around $500? If so, there are far better options than these two units. Even at $200 there are better options, or at last other options worth considering.

For $200 you can get a Lexicon MX200 or TC Electronic M300, either of which I would go for before the Behringer.

SonicAlbert

The links are for the details and spec Only :D not for the price.

the price i found for both is 200$ in my country .

the Lexcon is over my budget (350$), and we have no TC Electronics Distributors.

that's why i wrote in the beginning of my thread ( the best two options that are available nearby me )

and thank you for your Help.

If the question is Behringer or Zoom...

Then Zoom... definitely... absolutely... by all means...

Between those two I don't know if it is a slam dunk either way. I think it depends on how it will be used.

The V-Verb is from what I understand pretty much a straight reverb processor, while the Zoom has more multi-effects type presets. So if you want overall reverbs like rooms, halls, cathedrals, etc., the Behringer might actually be the one to get, between those two. Choke, gasp, cough...

It really depends on what you will be using this box on.

MOFO Pro

wow! you really have somthing with behringer :eek:

thanks for the reply .

SonicAlbert

It really depends on what you will be using this box on.

i will be using it for Vocals .

Can you take the unit back and exchange it if you don't like it? It's really hard to say what will be better. If there is any way you can test drive them, that would be ideal.

I own a Zoom RFX-1000 and RFX-2000, both decent but nothing to write home about. I also own a V-verb and a Sony dps-V77 and V55. I'll simply say this. The Behringer is FAR FAR better than the Zoom units imo, from routing to editing the preset to creating your own patches to the quality of sounds. Sound on sound and tech mag both gave the V-verb excellent reviews, sound on sound gave the Zooms a decent review. The Sony V77 is FANTASTIC and there would be no reason for me to keep using the V-Verb, yet I find myself using it all the time, but I haven't touched either Zoom in ages. If you can get beyond the Behringer name and actually listen I bet you'll like what you hear. You can get the V-Verb for around $150.00 or so shipped if you look around. I got mine for $145.00. BTW, the V-Verb is not a straight reverb unit at all, it has far more multi-effects than the Zooms. I haven't tried the lesser Lexicon and TC units, but I've heard pretty much that they are typical low end units nothing like their bigger brothers. All I can say is the Behringer is one heck of a deal and I can't stress enough that the Zooms aren't in the same league. All that being said, I'll sell you any of my Zoom units if you want, I have no use for them, but if I were you I wouldn't take me up on my offer until you check out the V-Verb.

I wasn't bashing Behringer I've owned some (emphasis on OWNED, past tense)... I'd put Zoom & and Behringer in the same quality grade (won't even mention ethics)... I saw the listed US Dollar price difference compared to the buyers price and went with the unit with a list price double that of the other, which is available for the same...

What??? :cool:

SonicAlbert

the two are in different stores , so i cannot replace one by the other.

I've heard the Zoom and i know how it sounds, but the good reviews on the V-verb and the Digital ( in,out ) made me think twice before getting the zoom where they are in the same price range.

i am really thankful for your help.

EDAN

Now you gave me a Big boost towards the Behrenger :o !

I've red the sound on sound review , but i was looking for someone who heard them both , and looks like i found him .

Thank you for your post , it was really helpful , I think I will go for the V-Verb.

V-Verb or Zoom RFX 1000

It also all depends on how you use your equipment.

I use the Zoom and can't complain, I like it. But like I say It depends how passionate you are about your recordings.

To give you an example, when I first started recording, I used a Fostex 4 track.[tape]
Everybody in the industry laughed at me, but when I played them the recordings, I made them eat their words. Even those using the latest Roland 32-bit machines!

I could see by the looks on their faces they were totally blown away!

Same old story, 'a bad workman blames his tools'.

There are, obviously, better machines, If you want to cough up 4 times the price,but for the price of the Zoom you can't go wrong.

Some people are doing some pretty weird stuff in top recording studios nowadays.

Take for example Deep Purples 'Made in Japan' album recorded in the early '70's,
and compare it to some of the latest recordings they've done?

The latest stuff sounds absolutely trash. Muddy as anything, too much compresion?

Sometimes simpler is better!

Good luck.

Ian.

Sunny South Africa.

Er...this thread is five years old...I suspect the OP may have made his purchase by now.

(Ha! Thread necromancy didn't catch me THIS time!)

Back