USB MIDI device not showing up

NewbMediaGuy

I recently formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP, but I never unplugged my Evolution USB MIDI keyboard controller. Now when I open up Project 5 and go to MIDI Devices, the only option I get is for the MIDI ports on my Delta 1010lt sound card. The keyboard isn't showing up and I have no idea how to get it working. At first I thought I needed to install the drivers, but when I go to do that the CD says it doesn't need any drivers and will work on XP. I can't remember what I did to have this keyboard working before formatting my drive, but I think it was pretty much plug and play as it is supposed to be.

Could having it plugged in while formatting be my problem, and how can I get the keyboard to show up for Project 5? I also have some stupid demo that came with the keyboard software, and that also won't pick up the keyboard. however, if I go to Control Panel and check the keyboard, windows says it is working properly so I'm not sure why it's not working.

Any ideas?

just tried that, shut down windows, unplugged the controller, turned the pc on and after it loaded up i plugged it in a different USB port and it came up with the usual "found new hardware" balloon, and listed the name of the controller, but yet Project 5 still only sees my soundcard's midi ports for any midi devices...same thing with the "Music Planet" demo I mentioned above

I also downloaded a demo of Fruityloops just to see if it would work there, but of course that doesn't see the controller either

Back