urgent opinions on 21" monitors needed!

AlfredB

Hi there folks:

I am going to get myself one of those huge old 21" CRT monitors, and would like to hear opinions on 2 which I could get used for roughly $100,-

I def. need a CRT as I also do a lot of photo processing and the LCDs don't quite cut it yet - and space is not an issue :-)

1. Sony GDM-500PS 21"
  2. Samsung SyncMaster 1100 P Plus 21"

which of the 2 would you prefer and why?

thx for your input - I appreciate it!
Al

I have a compaq p1220 22". It has some nice real estate but when it comes time to move things around, I hate it. As soon as I get the chance I'm gonna get a 19" lcd. I can't imagine what kind of radiation this monster has been feeding my eyes and brain over the last year. :eek: Also, I hate the buzz that it puts in my guitar signal (I use single coils). It sure does have a nice picture though and I know I'm going to miss that when I get the lcd.

AlfredB said:
  1. Sony GDM-500PS 21"
  2. Samsung SyncMaster 1100 P Plus 21"

which of the 2 would you prefer and why?

I wasn't aware that one used 21'' CRT was better than another used 21'' CRT monitor. I guess it all depends on the condition. If it was me I'd get the one that had the best buttons on the bottom of the screen to control the contrast and stuff. I'd go with the Sony because Samsung is made in Korea.

Back