Uprising !

BCF1

Hey all,
Mixed on headphones, how does it translate to your systems ?
Used Neutron 3 for the first time on the master, more specifically the mix assist algorithm. Seemed to have excessive high mids and highs so I made adjustments. Any thoughts appreciated.
Thank you

I want to hear the vocal more. It's a taste thing, but I want the vocal at least as heard as the guitars, which are way out front and sound great. Why bury the vocal? Maybe they don't have as much to say as the guitars?

Wow, that has plenty of impact! Agree the vocals are low, but to me that doesn't necessarily matter unless you want people to be able to make out the lyrics.

Sounds good on my phones. My take on the vocal is I can't make out the lyrics, and that's OK if the vocal is used just for pushing a melody like some other instrument. But if the lyrics were sung clearer to be understood better, then I would increase the volume a couple dB or so.

This song is very reminiscent of Blondie's Call Me - especially that intro part at the :39 mark and another further along.

Thank you all for the comments, much appreciated !
I have a tendency to keep vocals low as I'm uncomfortable hearing my voice.
However after living with this mix for a bit I agree the vocal should be more up front.
It's sits ok in first verse but once guitars come in vocal needs to come up with them..
Going to tweak mix

Thanks again for listening and connecting

Very cool. I don't think the vocals are too low. Nice job on them. Is this a cover? It sounds familiar but I can't place it. Gonna bug the hell out of me now

Very cool. I don't think the vocals are too low. Nice job on them. Is this a cover? It sounds familiar but I can't place it. Gonna bug the hell out of me now
Is it a cover ? Yes.
Original is by the band Muse, who I had never heard of until recently. I heard the song at a bar and the lyrics got my attention. Not really my genre but the song stuck in my head. That lead to deciding to have a go at it. My interpretation is reasonably close to original in arrangement but a little heavier as things go over all.

Back