Unlikelyman (A Kitchen-Sink'd Story-Song)

Are we voting?? I didn't bring my voter card. But that's not the reason why everyone hates me!! I like the 2nd mix much better than the first. That's why everyone hates me; I'm just not a crowd person.

I'm listening on my Bose headphones and your song sounds great. Mix-wise I've got no offers for improvement. Arrangement-wise... I wouldn't mind if it went a little longer. It's got a lot of potential.

Thanks for sharing.

The cold is cool. I like the most recent mix - I sounds more Rod Sterling on this one which is also very cool.

OK ... It's been a while but here's a new mix. I'm very self-conscious about the low-end on this track. My ears more or less don't mind it but I'm afraid it's too much. Is it bothersome to anybody?

Mix #3: [MP3]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65316259/Unlikelyman%20(Mix%203).mp3[/MP3]

I'd take a list on big speakers. To me the low end is really rumbly. I think there is an issue somewhere below 140hz or so.

Cool song. Love the harmonies. Love the spoken word in rhythm stuff. Cool chord changes.

I'd take a list on big speakers. To me the low end is really rumbly. I think there is an issue somewhere below 140hz or so.

Cool song. Love the harmonies. Love the spoken word in rhythm stuff. Cool chord changes.
Thank you! Did you hear the most recent mix? I couldn't edit it into he first post because the thread is too old.

I did listen to the most recent mix...not getting the bass rumble...

But....... "Frankly" speaking ...I dig the music but, and this comes from a peddle depressed panchromatic resonating perspective, I think the vocals need to be a couple notches up...and for entertainment value ...post the lyrics so we can read along and watch the bouncing ball.

Being as Frank is sitting on a couch in a vehicle somewhere out there...it's nice to hear some rumblings from the place and space in time he came from... Would be nice to hear some Ruthy vibes in there but this is cool stuff...good yob man!

I did listen to the most recent mix...not getting the bass rumble...

But....... "Frankly" speaking ...I dig the music but, and this comes from a peddle depressed panchromatic resonating perspective, I think the vocals need to be a couple notches up...and for entertainment value ...post the lyrics so we can read along and watch the bouncing ball.

Being as Frank is sitting on a couch in a vehicle somewhere out there...it's nice to hear some rumblings from the place and space in time he came from... Would be nice to hear some Ruthy vibes in there but this is cool stuff...good yob man!

I'll post the lyrics and try to bump the vocals a (very) little bit. I've never heard any Zappa but perhaps I should check it out. Thanks for listening!

Mix #4: [MP3]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65316259/Unlikelyman%20(Mix%204).mp3[/MP3]

Lyrics:
A think-tank of steampunks assembled in a broken down warehouse to make a plan
Involving a galvanized kiddie pool of boiling liquid and a hanging man
A hero is summoned by a cavalcade of misfits -- who can't seem to work alone --
By sending a signal several miles and-a-half to the buzzing red bulb of a Bakelite telephone

"I'll call him, sir."
"We're in luck; he's at home!"

Adorn with britches held up by a belt containing fragments of a local mountaineering store
He dashes to the roof to find a trapezoidal skylight he could use to make it to the floor
A poorly thought out crash alerts the henchmen to the entrance of the masquerading paladin
And suddenly a hail of fists and punctuated verbs surround the spot our hero is standing in

Alarmed but not surprised by how their multitude of guards were overtaken by a lone man in a cape
The group becomes a scatter, setting everything on fire, with each racketeer attempting an escape
Stirring up the smoke, some twirling bolas snare the cutthroats and their league is forced to recombine
The law arrives on scene to find the hooligans aloft the steaming kettle of their own design

Reactions: TAE
I've never heard any Zappa but perhaps I should check it out.

Maybe you're his illegitimate son :eek: Seriously it is SOOOO Zappasoidian that it is bizarre to think you have never listened to any of his stuff...Zappa has a huge library of music that runs the gamut..A more mainstream album is "One size fits all" obscure 200 Motels ...his first was Freak Out and one where your tune could find a home...

We're only in it for the money...

album-the-mothers-of-invention-were-only-in-it-for-the-money.jpg

Last edited:
Wow sorry din't mean to hijack your thread but you got me started being as you have never been introduced to Frank... dude was a genius of a genius of a genius...kinda waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there but in such an awesome way.

This video gives some insight into that genius....never saw before today but alls I can say is .....wow

Wow sorry din't mean to hijack your thread but you got me started being as you have never been introduced to Frank...
Gotcha. I'll listen to those tonight (hopefully). I hate to ask but ... the 4th mix -- what do you think of it?

Listened to mix #4. Maybe you just shouldn't pay any attention to what I say on this mix. But I'm still hearing a ton of low end rumble. Nobody else seems to hear it. So I may be off.

Listened to mix #4. Maybe you just shouldn't pay any attention to what I say on this mix. But I'm still hearing a ton of low end rumble. Nobody else seems to hear it. So I may be off.
No, definitely hear it. I'm just having a hard time shaping it. I'll give it another go.

Back