Un-Authorized B.Sab Collab...

W.I.S.C.

10lbs.of sh*t in 5lb.BAG
Well,not really he did give me express permission to make this once unfinished tune into something.This was done way back when,when the band EARWIG was in full swing.Me on drums(Sam's electric kit),Sam on Guitars and our buddy Pete on bass.I dug it out of the archives and put vox/samples to it.It was pretty fun and nostalgic.Enjoy and mix comments/suggestions are as always appretiated.Thanx in advance...

SWERVE

Swerve
It seems that your only pleased by ferocity
What do I get?What do I need?
It's the place we pay for the cocktease
Just one more drink dear
And then we'll be on our way
The road swerves to avoid me
Harsh words,short time
Only one of us gets to leave alive
It's obvious that it won't be you
Then we'll lie down in a ditch I found beside the road
I'll undo those tight clothes in a minute or two

Why can't you see!?
I've helped you out by ending your worthless little life
The least you can do for me is not bleed on my naugahide

It seems to me your a slave to mediocrity
What will I get?What will I owe?
It's the price we pay for being slow
It's common pain that takes the place of loving anyone
Your girlfriend swerves to avoid me
Too late for me (2X's)
This time I won't get off scott-free
It's obvious that I can't have you
I've got a gun (2X's)
And now it's time to have my fun

(Repeat Chorus)

You've got some pretty eyes
You've got some pretty hair
You've got some pretty...
Pretty...
...pretty...
(Push)

In other news,the new Sanity In Shreds (wisc/demensia collab) will be posted very soon.I mention this as to not offend the Transexual Nazi cuz he's been very patient and will be pissed when he sees that I posted a different song first.

I can't believe I am the first one replying to this! This thing kicks ass! Amazing how Sam has such a distinguishable style!

I mean, if you didn't say anything, my reply wouldv'e been "Sounds just like Sam..."

You definitely did this one justice! Sounds very good on my end. Maybe the vox could be raised just a tad. Other than that, you'll get better mix advice from others.

Very nice job on this! Packs a lot of punch in just under 3 minutes!

:D

OOH OOH OOH!!!! (waving hand in the air) I'm second!!
I always like Sam's guitar sound.....this was cool as usual.....that thing at the beginning....was that the E-Bow? With delay of course.....rocks it's ass off!!.......pretty good singing......very nice....oh, great break at about 2:20, with the little people....cool..
....ok...I'd like for the vox to be just a bit clearer......and I'd like a little more presence on the bass please.........and maybe a bit more kick.......

Pretty dark stuff!

Dig that intro.

Mix is mid heavy, vocals are low, and the doubling could be tighter.

Cool break. Very Sam/Sabbath. The vocal is real hard to make out there. If you hadn't posted the words, I wouldn't have clue what they were.

Those samples of the children have some major quantization distortion happening.

Hey Dan, I'm looking forward to hearing this tomorrow when I can turn it up. The lyrics tell me it's going to be a helluva story musically. Here's a bump for now.

Tom

I listened to this a couple of times and both times I was thinking something was lacking, energy-wise, although I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I kept wanting more "oomph". On my third listen I now think the drums may be my gripe. They just sound a little too half-hearted - like, I want the drummer to really HIT those fucking things and he's just sort of swatting at them.

Basically, I feel like it needs some more punch - it may be a peformance thing or maybe just some judiciously applied compression would punch it up. You know?

I only mention all this cause I dug the tune and I'd like to hear it with a little more verve. Plus, I've vowed to *try* to start making somewhat constructive criticisms (aside from my usual "dude, that was... um, cool....")

Chris

Hey Folks!Great feedback already. :D

Boydrj-Glad you liked it.Yea,I agree...It reeks of Sam.I really hated to let this tune go to waste.Glad that it punched you in the face.My wife was gonna punch me if she had to hear me mix it another time. ;) There was some issues with the mix,so the vox was difficult to blend.Thanx for your ear. :)

Lt.Bob-Your the best man,...great visual in the AM for me(Waving hand in air)that sh*t cracks me up :D . As I mentioned above,there were some issues mixwise so the vox was hard to get to go smoothly.Either that or I just suck.This was done a few years ago and there is no way to get a remix on the music end of the mix.Shame too, cuz this tune would sound stellar IMO if I could get a mix using Sam's ear now as opposed to his ear then.This was done before he even had a computer,I think recorded on mini-disk.Thanx for listening,dude!

M.Brane-Alright,alright!...yea,it was sloppy at points,but I liked the loose quality of it cuz it felt more schitzo/insane.When writing a song about killing strippers,the important thing is to make a point of establishing the psycho factor.I could send the mix thru an EQ but can't remix the track(Music anyway),so if you have an idea on how I could fix it...I'm all ears.Remember I have only the music(all instrmnts) and the vox seperate and my EQing skills are sub-par ,even with the help of others who try and explain by specific example(Tom,Sam,you,etc...).That sample was pulled right off the net and nothing was done to it.I know what your talking about but have no idea what to do to fix it.I still feel like the vox is too loud...burnt ears,burnt head,I don't know ...f*ck,...I need monitors... :( .Thanx for your input,sir...

SLuiCe-Oh,man.Your probobly gonna tear this one a new *ssh*le...I can't wait.Shred away... ;)

Groucho-As far as the drums go,when I did this (way back when) I hadn't had much electrc kit experience.They felt wierd to play and I had a hard time getting the feel of the pads/triggers.Also,they had to be done in one take so,keeping it simple was a major issue.The kit wasn't tweaked properly and even a hard hit sounded dull.Sam will probobly defend this point by saying it was a lack of skill on my part,that may be true to some degree but...I'll never accept full blame ;) .Sam is the guy who taught me how to really hit those f*ckin' things,.A lesson learned well after this was done.BTW,this was an excellent observation on your part and couldn't agree more about the lack of oompff.Remember ,a new mix is impossible musicwise,but if you have EQ suggestions or an idea on how to make the vox mesh better in the mix,...I'm listening.

Thanx dudes!!

this song was never meant to be critiqued in the clinic.. It was recorded years ago on a 4 track Sony minidisc and never finished.. I'm glad Dan did it, but the mix can't be tweaked or anything.. I have long since sold the 4 track.. Interesting to hear what I used to think sounded good.. The guitar was a Boss GT-3.. The drums were the old Alesis DM5 module.. I hope I don't have to steal a few of these riffs for a new song..:D

"When writing a song about killing strippers,the important thing is to make a point of establishing the psycho factor"

Ha! That's great! W.I.S.C., you actually managed to sound like a professer lecturing a class in satanic lyric writing.

This isn't really my cup of tea but the only comment or question I have is - could there be more chorus on the vocals? It might make them blend better and have the added benefit of sounding more evil.

I thought this was great. Good powerful sound like always. Good performances on all the instruments. The "bleed on my naugahide" line was good.

Some vocal synching things that could be fixed if it weren't all water under the bridge. Not real bad though.

Good job. Trip...

Alright,alright!...yea,it was sloppy at points,but I liked the loose quality of it cuz it felt more schitzo/insane.When writing a song about killing strippers,the important thing is to make a point of establishing the psycho factor.I could send the mix thru an EQ but can't remix the track(Music anyway),so if you have an idea on how I could fix it...I'm all ears.Remember I have only the music(all instrmnts) and the vox seperate and my EQing skills are sub-par ,even with the help of others who try and explain by specific example(Tom,Sam,you,etc...).That sample was pulled right off the net and nothing was done to it.I know what your talking about but have no idea what to do to fix it.I still feel like the vox is too loud...burnt ears,burnt head,I don't know...f*ck,...I need monitors... .Thanx for your input,sir...

Getting the "pshycosis" is all in the delivery, bro. I think you did a pretty good job on that, but the looseness took away from that. I used to do a bit of acting (on stage) back in my school days, and it really helps to get "in character" when doing stuff like this.

Anytime you take something that's been encoded at a low bitrate, and play it back higher your going to get that nasty quantization distortion. About the only thing you can do if you can't find a sample at the right bitrate is try to knock some of it off with a low-pass filter.

A quick tweak with the iTunes graphic EQ produced this:

Attachments

• swerveeq.jpg
    swerveeq.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 41
Particularly given your restrictions, I think this sounds great. I don't want to talk about sound after this anyway.

The song is fucking cool! Any chance you two would remake this? I would totally dig that.

Btw, is demensia really a trans-sexual nazi? I've always wanted to meet one.

I started listening before I read your post, and I'm thinking "dang WISC, you're blatantly ripping off BSabbath." Sounds really cool.

I bet that was one smokin trio. THis was a good presentation. It was not bad at all, maybe not the clarity and presence that`s being done by yall now but it was smooth and well recorded, and it was really good. Kudos to the dub surgery you did W.I.S.C.

Damn, i freakin' liked that!!!!!! It's cool to hear the older stuff, the style and sound are still with you guy's! Diggin' it mucho!

Thank's, man

Peace

Rick

P.S........W.I.S.C.........I'm sending a p.m............if you see this, check it in awhile.

Guernica-Well...?

Sam-Thanx for the explanation and permission.Write some new riffs already!

"...we're gettin the band back together...we're on a mission from G-d..." :D

ashulman-But you see I am a professor of satanic writing.When praising the dark lord,one should repeat his many names and references as to not have him confused with other lesser demonic forces.Murder is art.Yea,...a chorus might be the key,thanx man!

TripleM-Glad you could dig it!More like water over a corpse...under a bridge!

M.Brane-Ya don't get much clearer than that.Thanx very,very much for the effort .I'll try it at once.I,too,have done some acting and agree wholeheartedly that when conveying a certain message one must play the part.I've got a coupla dead hookers in the closet right now and am preparing to do some 'role playing'.Get out the rubber sheets,hun....and fire up that blowtorch...

SLuiCe-By the time I talk Sam into doing a remake,he'll have stripped the song down and stolen it's parts for his next 5 tunes.Plus he hates my drumming and my singing.He threatened my life the other day,stating that I'm trying to steal his style.Nah!!!We both are so busy that I hardly ever get to see him in person.There has been talk of a new band though...it will probobly be a lounge act.EZ listening my left but-cheek!As far as Demensia is concerned,...he kinda scares me so I'm glad we live in different states.And I'm pretty sure it's Transexual Nazi Eskimo.I though I had issues...

fprod-Well,he was ripping me off.He just got online first so my chances of stardom were doomed to begin with. ;) Just Kidding.I can't be in a band with him .His ideas are too great and his ear is too sharp and his penis is too large for my taste....so I do the next best thing.I rip off his style. hehehehehehehe :D

Back