UAD Project PAK???

uwave

Can experienced UAD users pls advise if the project pak with only the
1176SE etc is worth it or should I save for the studio pak?

How much difference for example is there between the reduced down 1176SE and the full 1176LN?

Advice appreciated,

uWave

I've never used the LN but the SE has been great in my opinion. Also, the Pultec EQ is worth the price of the Project PAK, then you can buy the other plugs you need as you go along. That's my plan anyway.

They sound similar but the full version handles volume and pumps better. The SE version, because it uses less CPU cycles, allows you to add more instances to your tracks.

Not a huge difference about 30% better overall for the full version.

The real show on the card is the Pultec, Cambridge, Fairchild and the LA2A. Except for the Fairchild the others are like water to a river; they become mandatory parts of getting a pro sound. The Fairchild is not universally used but where you need it, it is just stunning.

Great guys, thanks for that especcially the % bit,

Keep em comin if anyone else has their opinion..

uWave....

I just bought the Fairchild plug and it is GOD! Even only at 1-1.5db or so, it's doing some pretty amazing things. Get the Project PAK, but spend the extra bit on the Fairchild. It's worth it for sure.

here's an after

This hasn't really been 'mixed' yet I just added the pultec pro to the kick and 808 drop and waves trans mod on the snare. Trust me when I say the kick wasn't that punchy with out it and the 808 drop wouldn't be so present in the higher frequencies enabling it to cut thru on tiny speakers not to mention they both would of been clashing with each other in the low frequencies if it wasn't for the pultec pro.

thanks a lot for the post. I can't tell how much of a difference though...

I was hoping to hear the before and after so the quality can be demonstrated.

-keith-

Done the deed

Finally, couldn't hold out any longer and I bought the
UAD. It's the pre Project/Studio PAKs collections
so I have the LA2A/1176LN and Reverb pro. etc
Can't wait for it to arrive.

uwave

Back