two tracks ?

Dave J

I have Cubase 7 elements, plus q802 Xenyx 802, all I need to do is record two tracks, guitar/vocal as separate mono tracks and not stereo, this set up has to do for the tine being, I know Ineed a decent interface I just can't afford it, but any advice on a decent small [two channels will do] unit, help please1 and thanks. Dave J.

Will the guitar be recorded through a mic? Do you need to record two tracks simultaneously? What microphone(s) will you be using?

There are plenty of 2 channel audio interfaces available - what's your budget? Forget the Xenyx, you should be able to plug right into the AI to record.

Guitar through a mic. plus vocals and sometime I record the guitar in stereo and add voice, harmonica, 2nd. guitar etc later. Behringer C4 matched pair for stereo, Shure SM 57 or single C4 for gutar, mainly Beyer M300 [personal choice] or single C4 for vocal and very occasionally, Highlander transducer and C4 for guitar for a particular slightly electric "biues sound" I like. I was thinking one of the lower end Steinberg interfaces would be suitable, Thanks a lot for your replys, Dave J

Last edited:
Back