turn on few pedals with one switch

lurek100

hi there.

Im looking for something that could turn on few of my pedals in one button.

for example , when I play riffs and want to go for solo or change the tone , I could pres one button instead of for example 3 ( delay ,reverb , change distortion)

do you know anything like it?

I'm not a live guitarist so there may be some simple solution that I just don't know about but here's what I'd do.

Either get a multi-effects unit and save presets, or wire up a little jack bypass box with a 4pdt switch and 4 jack sockets.
You'd leave the three pedals on all the time but the jack cable is either routed around them, or through them.

It'd have GTR input, amp output, and a switchable effects loop in/out.

If you're DIY handy you could make that in a few minutes.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if it'd make a noise when you switch it....hmmm..
If the shields can all be permanent you could just use a DPDT for hot. I duno for sure.

Last edited:
From what I can make out, it's a noise gate/effects loop.

dod_fx30b_blast.gif

It does what I described, but with an added noise gate.
I saw a few user reviews too, saying they use it as a 'true-bypass' for effects chains.

The DIY box I described will do the same thing.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble working out if these pedals turn on/off the effects loop when you stomp them, turn noise reduction on/off, or both.

The NS2 manual says you can use it as a "normal/effects switch", so I guess it should do what you want.

The DIY bypass looper described above will do it. The grounds don't need to be switched, so a DPDT is all you need unless you want an LED indicator. Then you'd need a 3PDT and either a battery or a DC power jack.

Note that this wont actually "turn on" the pedals in the loop. They just stay on at all times and the looper switches them in or out of the signal path. Without an LED in the looper it can sometimes be tough to tell whether the loop is engaged or not. Especially in the heat of battle, and especially when things go wrong.

Mine doesn't pop noticeably when switching the pedals I normally use with it. Some pedals might cause popping, but that would be their fault, not the loopers.

Mine also has a variable resistor between the send and return jacks which allow all kinds of fun with feedback.

The FX30B simply bypasses the loop with a FET switch. I think the noise reduction is set with the threshold knob and doesn't in involve the foot switch.

The DIY bypass looper described above will do it. The grounds don't need to be switched, so a DPDT is all you need unless you want an LED indicator. Then you'd need a 3PDT and either a battery or a DC power jack.

The FX30B simply bypasses the loop with a FET switch. I think the noise reduction is set with the threshold knob and doesn't in involve the foot switch.

There you go OP.

Sounds like your own pedal should do it, and if for some reason it doesn't, you can buy a dod or make one few a few quid.

bypass.jpg
Shield at both send and return jacks probably isn't necessary, thinking about it.

Back