Trying a new DAW Harrison Mixbus v3

Toveco

No One Is Like You-TSToriginal is a Original track from me and my friends
I made this on a New DAW that i really like Harrison Mixbus version 3
Part of it is made on my iPad

Take a listening and tell me what you think of it :-)

https://clyp.it/xer445vc

Thanks
Tom

Last edited:
Decent guitar tones all around. The bass is boomy on a few notes. Drums sound canned and there's places where there's either three hands playing or a drummer and percussionist...
All in all, though this is excellent. Good mix. Great sounds. Love the tune. Would love to hear this with vocals.

I'm hearing something like Steely Dan or some other laid-back 70's stuff. I like this, and I agree that the guitar tones are very nice sounding. I had no problems with the kit for this style of music. Everything does sound a bit pushed back, to my ears. maybe that is the reverb style for this genre.

Agree that the bass is boomy. On certain notes, as someone said.

I think the lead/melody guitar is a bit harsh. The guitars aren't leaving much space for the drums. It's like they're both clustered around 2K-3k or so. I like the drum part.

I think the playing is real good.

Thanks for listening on my track I take a look at the thing you guys pointing out, but gone be a bit hard
I have no bommy sound in my system....it's only go quite deep sometime. if that is the bommy part you talk about. I check it out, Thanks!

Just high-pass your bass track around 60-80hz and adjust to to get rid of those boomy notes. Experiment with it. Your monitor/headphones may not be picking them up but I can for sure. The rest of the track sounds good. Good composition and great guitar work. keep playing around with it and some EQ of the instruments to separate them a little better. Good job.

Back