Triggering a sample with acoustic Snare

jeliot86

I am having a brutal time trying to get my drummers recorded snare sampled in Sonar 7. I have made it as far as Gating the Track then bouncing to get just the transients of the snare hit but I can't for the life of me get from there to a midi channel with snare samples. I'm getting stuck at Extract timing, It keeps giving me an error "Required tempo exceeds available range". I have wasted two full days on this problem mowing around in forums, and believe me when I say its very seldom I have to post a thread for a technical problem I can't find answers to somewhere on the NET, but this ones got me by the BALLS:eek:

If there is anyone out there that can direct me to some sort of guide it would be greatly appreciated. All the Vids I've seen to to vague and I can't find any insight to the error anywhere. I would hate to be stuck with a dull sounding snare cause I can't add a simple "Triggered Sample":o
But I have a few hairs left so I'll keep at it for now..............

I know Drumagog would be the simple answer but, I know I have read other people using the Audio Snap feature so If I can avoid spending more of my wedding money that would be GREAT!........LOL

I'm getting stuck at Extract timing
Extract Timing is used to build a tempo map based on the transients in your audio. But it won't create midi events.

For that, you want the Extract Groove option, which is the last of the 4 radio buttons on the left of the Audio Snap dialog.

From the manual:

To Extract a Groove
Select the clip that you want to extract a groove from.
Disable any transient markers that you want to exclude from the groove (use the two sliders in the palette, or right-click the ones you want to disable).
Add the clip's markers to the Pool by enabling the Add Transients to Pool button while the clip is selected.
In the AudioSnap palette, click the Extract Groove radio button, which displays the Save As Groove button.
Click the Save As Groove button. The Define Groove dialog appears.
In the File field, choose a file to save the pattern in, or type a name to create a new file.
In the Pattern field, type a name for the pattern, and click OK.

Along with the "Save As Groove" button, there's also a "Copy As MIDI Notes" button which will copy midi to your clipboard so you can paste it on a track.

Extract Timing is used to build a tempo map based on the transients in your audio. But it won't create midi events.

For that, you want the Extract Groove option, which is the last of the 4 radio buttons on the left of the Audio Snap dialog.

From the manual:

Along with the "Save As Groove" button, there's also a "Copy As MIDI Notes" button which will copy midi to your clipboard so you can paste it on a track.

Finally!!!!!!!!!!:D
IZZZZZZZ GOTTTZZZZ IT WORKIN!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the post been banging my head around this one.

Back