Tracks falling out of time

Toker41

Better Than You
I'm noticing the more tracks I add, the more out of time they fall. I've tried different buffer settings, but it doesn't seem to help. The problem goes away when I use ASIO drivers, but then I get noise, and clicking. Any suggestions?

I'm noticing the more tracks I add, the more out of time they fall. I've tried different buffer settings, but it doesn't seem to help. The problem goes away when I use ASIO drivers, but then I get noise, and clicking. Any suggestions?

Hey Toker, not knowing anything about N-Track, the ASIO drivers are going to give you the lowest latency and keep your tracks aligned. Not sure bout your noise and clicks, but is there an option to let the DAW auto-adjust the buffer settings??

What's the specs on you computer? Maybe try killing whatever processes you don't need to free up some cpu time. Especially anti-virus stuff.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

This happened once before. Never did figure it out. Tried all kinds of buffer settings. I simply deleted the project, started over, and everything is fine. Thank God it was only a little preproduction work. (24 tracks of preproduction:D). I really should upgrade to XP, as I'm still running this system on 2000. For the most part it's always been very stable. However, updates are a thing of the past for this OS. It's a long shot, but it could be part of the problem.

2.4 multi thread P4
1 gig ram (which could also be part of the problem)
Delta 1010
Windows 2000
Two ATI multi monitor video cards (one PCI, one AGP running 3 monitors)
I believe it's an ASUS motherboard.

Not much running in the background. No antivirus installed, as I only connect it to the network to upgrade legit software.

Back