To release a CD or not? Read before voting please!

Should you put out a fully replicated CD?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • No.

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
i'm glad to have grown up in a music scene that never cared about selling their 'product'. i'm glad all any of my friend's bands ever wanted was to entertain and inspire us for 20 minutes while they give it their all.

treymonfauntre said:
i'm glad to have grown up in a music scene that never cared about selling their 'product'. i'm glad all any of my friend's bands ever wanted was to entertain and inspire us for 20 minutes while they give it their all.

People still care about that. Why do you think most musicians are broke? ;)

### Not having Read the Entire Thread ###

A demo I would do CDR but an Album I would replicate.

One issue I don't understand is how people manage to live in an area where they can't play enough shows (atleast in the US)... it's not like you're supposed to stay in your home city... If you want to stay in your state then ok... but not leaving a city is retarded. It's not like having a fan base in one city helps in another. Clubowners don't call the Club Cartel to see if you're good, just ask to open for someone and after the show ask if you can play again in a few months.

I voted yes, but there's some caveats.

I'd replicate if you had an outside engineer/producer work with you. If you did it just at home by yourself, I'd have to say that unless you're a real gear head and have an ear that can hear your own imperfections, I'd say no -- make some copies on your own, but don't spend the money to replicate 250 or 500 CDs that you might hate in 6 months. If you think that a label (big or small) would release what you have as-is and is presentable at shows, go for it.

Back