To all of Behringer's apologists:

maybe, but only MAYBE, it's a subsidiary of Behringer? You know, you gotta diversify, extend your market, ...

You kidding me... let me get this right....

An Internet "Store" dedicated to selling pirate software???

Im tempted to forward the link to all of the manufacturers listed......

Joe

VOXVENDOR said:
You kidding me... let me get this right....

An Internet "Store" dedicated to selling pirate software???

Im tempted to forward the link to all of the manufacturers listed......

Joe

Be my guest.

I'm actually kind of glad no one has already done it.

It makes a very stark illustration for my point about Behringer.

It really pisses me off...

Us working stiffs pay for our software the legal way, and try to live "legit" life, and scum like this show up on the net..

I don't think I will Forward the links though.. I rather wait till someone else does it.. Im staying out of it!

It won't last long...

Joe

VOXVENDOR said:
It really pisses me off...

Us working stiffs pay for our software the legal way, and try to live "legit" life, and scum like this show up on the net..

I don't think I will Forward the links though.. I rather wait till someone else does it.. Im staying out of it!

It won't last long...

Joe

The apologists would say "let the consumer decide", right? :)

I don't know anything about what your talking about.... Are you refering to another behringer thread....

I must have missed that one.... Im talking about the LIFTWARE link here that you posted......

VOXVENDOR said:
I don't know anything about what your talking about.... Are you refering to another behringer thread....

I must have missed that one.... Im talking about the LIFTWARE link here that you posted......

I know - this thread is basically a spin-off of "Behringer is at it again"

I still fail to see how this (software site) is any different from the illegal file sharing of copyrighted music. Napster et al

(griffinator, I read your response in the Behringer thread. I too can say without remorse that I have never downloaded an illegal music file.)

Why use liftware.com in the first place. C'mon, if you've got half a brain (minimum requirement to do online shopping) you might as well look for a warez site and download the crap for free. FWIW, "good" thing about warez sites (i.e. in comparison with liftware) is that they're not trying to give you the feeling that "you paid for it, so it's not SO bad".

This is as bad as if one of us spent a ton of money recording a CD, just to have some one steal it and not only sell it, but sell it for less.

Fishmed said:
This is as bad as if one of us spent a ton of money recording a CD, just to have some one steal it and not only sell it, but sell it for less.

Which is precisely what Behringer did to Ebtech.

They are gonna be shut down real fucking fast!

I know how this works...

Usually they just do it till they get caught, and by then they have built up quite a customer base, and all those customers will have told there buddies and it will continue underground through email....

Until they get thrown in jail for copyright infringment.. or end up underneath a huge lawsuit...

They are selling microsoft pirates on the site... bad, bad, idea...

Go ahead, fuck with microsoft... *shakes head*

Stupid...

Just thinking about...

Man, I would not want to buy anything from them. WHEN they do get busted, their financial records would show who bought software from them. I wonder if the buyers could be prosecuted for buying stolen property?

Re: Just thinking about...

Fishmed said:
I wonder if the buyers could be prosecuted for buying stolen property?

Probably not..... It's not worth it....

Same reason they don't throw the book at a person with a joint in his possesion... Usually it's just a warning...

They want the dealer..

another thought...

The big difference here is that a small entity is stealing from bigger corporations. The double standard will be applied here.

It is one thing to be taken to court by several small companies when you are a very large one, it is another when you are the smaller one facing many large ones.

As large as Microsoft is, I wonder if they could stop it if the pirates are outside of the United States?

Re: another thought...

Fishmed said:
The big difference here is that a small entity is stealing from bigger corporations. The double standard will be applied here.

Sadly, people are more outraged by this than they are by a large corporation doing it to a smaller one.

I very much hold the opposite view. Steinberg et al are being less damaged by this asshole than Ebtech is by Behringer.

Re: another thought...

Fishmed said:

As large as Microsoft is, I wonder if they could stop it if the pirates are outside of the United States?

Sure they can.... If I make bootleg copies of Bon Jovi's new album and sell the for half price on the net, they can shut me down regarless of where I am...

Back