TM-D1000 questons. Like it hasn't been covered

jontflesh

Hi all,
Well I did it i dropped the money for a TM-D1000. Still waiting to recive it though (supposably Monday)

I have some questions though.
Ok first off this is what I have:
PetIII 600mhz/128RAM/13Gig HD
Event Darla 24
SoundBlaster Live
Sony MDM-X4II MD 4-track (which I am thinking of selling if the TMD is what I anticipatie it will do for me)
Korg N364 Workstation
Boss SPS202 Dr Sample

I have been into homerecording for a few years now so I am not a total newbie :)

I mainly use Cakewalk 9.0 and Wavelab 3.0 for my recordings. One of the main reasons I wanted a TMD1000 is the Midi control of the faders on Cakewalk through the mixer, the mouse drives me insane. NTM Phantom power, digital mixer capabilities ect ect.

What software will run best with the TMD?
Will MIDI cables be the best bet to connect it to the puter for controling the Faders, balance ect? I am planning on using just the Analog I/O's for Audio so I am mostly concerned with using the puter as more of a slave to the TMD.

I have searched alot of the past threads which helped out alot but I did not find any with anyone discussing the MIDI conrol of faders with Cakewalk.

Any opinions or anything is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
jontflesh

Well it came in today!!! :)
Anyone have any opinions?
I was thinking of getting a MidimanX2 USB interface so I can use the TM-D1000 and my N364 at the same time.

Anyone Buller Buller?

jontflesh

jontflesh said:
Well it came in today!!! :)
Anyone have any opinions?
I was thinking of getting a MidimanX2 USB interface so I can use the TM-D1000 and my N364 at the same time.

Anyone Buller Buller?

jontflesh

Hey Jon,

How's it going?

I'm seriously thinking about the TMD1000's man, I just haven't had the extra cash. I'm trying to get my drumkit exactly how I want it, so right now the Money's going to that!

Anyway, have ya had any luck with the mixer?

Tim

Tim Brown said:

Hey Jon,

How's it going?

I'm seriously thinking about the TMD1000's man, I just haven't had the extra cash. I'm trying to get my drumkit exactly how I want it, so right now the Money's going to that!

Anyway, have ya had any luck with the mixer?

Tim
Well some of the cash from selling my drumset went to the mixer lol :)
Man I cannot speak enough about this little pice of electronic heaven. It is a wonderful mixer and controller. You can do so much with it it is not even funny.
I use my puter to do most of my recording and with the constant midi on stuff like faders and balance it has illeveated (spelling) alot of pet peves I have that pertaint to PC recording. My mouse is not used in mixing anymore wooo hooo!
Once I finish paying the mixer off (I scored for 525.00 on ebay with some accesories) time for a condenser mic.
The manual is a piece of crap like most. Really hard to understand but I did find a place that has a good lamens terms manual online. http://recordingeq.com has one. Submit your info and in a week or so they email you a login/pass.
I haven't really got into effects on it and a few other things quite yet but it is great. Live or Studio apps it will shine in.

Anyway let me know if you have anymore questions.
Time to really start thinking about a Roland V series electric kit though. :D

jontflesh

Back