Tired of the Saffire 6 USB Driver Bugs

phatracer3

I am so sick of the saffire 6 usb driver bug issues that i am having. I am going to take it back this thursday and i am gonna buy a m-audio profire 610. The issue that i am having is that the audio will cut out completely when i am listening to music or making music on reason or record, or i can be watching youtube.com videos and the sound will cut out and the video will all of a sudden start to play in fast forward mode and the only way to correct this is to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in and everything would be normal, but i have to at least do this 5 or 6 times a day. I am running this on a mac mini with a 2.53ghz intel core 2 duo processor with 4gb of ddr3 ram.

I am so sick of the saffire 6 usb driver bug issues that i am having. I am going to take it back this thursday and i am gonna buy a m-audio profire 610. The issue that i am having is that the audio will cut out completely when i am listening to music or making music on reason or record, or i can be watching youtube.com videos and the sound will cut out and the video will all of a sudden start to play in fast forward mode and the only way to correct this is to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in and everything would be normal, but i have to at least do this 5 or 6 times a day. I am running this on a mac mini with a 2.53ghz intel core 2 duo processor with 4gb of ddr3 ram.

Are they using a custom driver or Apple's drivers? Is there any log info in /var/log/system.log that might help give some idea of what's going on?

i believe they are using there custom driver for a mac since you have to download it off their site, in order for the interface to work.

Good to hear. I know some of the folks who write Apple's USB audio driver, so if it were theirs, I'd be mighty annoyed. :D

Back