Tips on some good night music?

I haven't listened to your examples but have always found Robbie Robertson's "Music for the Native Americans" and "Storyville" albums to be good value.

TBH, if I put jazz on to fall asleep to, I can't fall asleep, because I tend to want to listen attentively.

Yeah, depends on what it is, though.

Now if you're looking for something to fall asleep to, what always works for me is the album 'Touch' by John Klemmer. I like it, but if you're lying down in bed, you'll be snoring in no time.

Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue is always a great piece of jazz for non-jazz fans. Some great night music.

Also soundtrack to one of the finest film opening scenes :cool:

Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue is always a great piece of jazz for non-jazz fans. Some great night music.

After like 20 seconds went by with no vocals I was like 'WTF? Doesn't this guy have any songs??'

He didn't do any electropop tunes you could link to, did he? :confused:

Yeah, but I don't really consider it the kind of thing the OP was talking about. And to me, it's anything but relaxing with the symphonic flourishes and him attacking the piano like he's stabbing it.

Don't get me wrong, it's one of my favorite songs, and I think Gershwin was a genuine musical genius, along with Duke Ellington.

Get a hot woman, put on James Brown's
Sex Machine, do your thing, go to sleep.
You'll sleep like a baby!

After like 20 seconds went by with no vocals I was like 'WTF? Doesn't this guy have any songs??'

He didn't do any electropop tunes you could link to, did he? :confused:

Alright, I had like twenty minutes to do this before my wife's insistence that it was time to bath the baby started reaching fever pitch...but you asked for it...

Gersch down with the kidz:

Raps 'n Eazy Blues :eek:

Last edited:
Back