tips for playing guitar to a click for scratch tracks

Sometimes I dont understand how people cant play to a click. Its basicly like a drummer playing with you and your just keeping perfect timing. If you cant play with a drummer then you cant play with a click if you cant play with a click idk why you can play with a drummer.

But I guess you just have to develop good rhythm and it comes easier to some people over others.

Sometimes I dont understand how people cant play to a click. Its basicly like a drummer playing with you and your just keeping perfect timing. If you cant play with a drummer then you cant play with a click if you cant play with a click idk why you can play with a drummer.

But I guess you just have to develop good rhythm and it comes easier to some people over others.

I agree.

Which is why if one were playing to a programmed drum beat, they'd have less trouble. Also, I think volume is the problem. I'm sure even a really loud "CLICK" wouldn't be that hard to follow if the click was pounding into someone's brain so that they didn't really have to "LISTEN" for it.

Practice, practice, practice... no way around it.

+10 gazillion. I've been playing and recording to a click for years. It's second nature by now. But most of the time, when I use a click to track someone else, they're not "on it". Usually they are behind just a touch. It sucks trying to tell them that they screwed it up..AGAIN...for the 5th time...:confused:

Practice. You'll get it. And you'll be better for it.

Back