Tinnitus Blues song

Good intro, the opening guits did a nice job of concealing the time sig.

Am I hearing a slight shade of intonation on the guits? Certain moments are just subtly shade under for me :52

The is my first Waf tune i think, you have a nice blues voice very appropriate for the style. I like the amp tone.

Weird timing in the beginning lead...

The kick seems really inconsistent...the drums could use some lo-fi realism or room sound. The drumming is the weak point here...sounds like it's tapped out on a keyboard by a non-drummer, needs a hat or ride.

Funny rambling lyrics.

Hey Bill...Man, I like your style a ton. I too suffer from the static ear, lol...(damned drummers).

I like your chops...moreso everytime I hear one of your tunes. I don't feel comfortable giving any real mix opinions (headphones) but I did catch a little bit of distortion on the rhythm track....(I guess that's sort of a mix opinion)...

Pardon the language, but COOL FUCKING VOICE, CHAMP!!!

Okay, that wasn't a mix opinion really...just a deeply held personal one, lol.

A tighter bass tone would maybe bring some definition to the mix, but other than that, SOUNDS GOOD IN THE CANS!!!

"Can't hear what they're playin',
Can't hear what they're sayin'"

Okay, I just had to tell you...my wife is rolling on the floor at the lyrics...I hope to hell you were going for sort of a humor thing, b/c if it's like a tongue in cheek dry humor thing, it's hysterical.

If it's not, then I'm just looking like an even bigger jerk than usual.

Khompewtur: Thanks for the feedback. Ill have to check the guitar Intonation though its probably my heavyhanded playing.

Jake: Yeah I had few problems getting the drums down, Sonar also had a few timing stalls in it. Its usually pretty good but it acted up for some reason. They are from yamaha v drums. Yeah, I am not a drummer.

Chrisharris: Definitely gotta either laugh or cry, no in between allowed.. LOL If you get a chance give me some feedback on the mix when you get the cans off. I thought there was some clash with the drums and bass but I cant tell Cause I'M DEAF :( :o :D :) ;) :p :confused: :D

Peace
Bill

I Just wanted to clarify that even though I suffer hearing loss, I am not personally offended by making light of it!:D

I had my wife help with this in that after I was done putting it together she was kind enough to listen to it over and over while I made adjustments,to tell me where she heard, In her words, "like when you turn something up too loud". Thats as much as she knows about clipping or distortion but hopefully it helped.

This song is not intended to offend anyone who has hearing loss and as someone who is surely becoming part of the hearing Impaired folks out there, I am glad I have the opportunity to share a little off color humor about it.

I am now a strong advocate of using proper hearing protection and hopefully at least a few people who also love music , will take the hearing damage isuue more seriously. Playing loud live or recording with cans on for a long period CAN cause permanent hearing loss. Do a little research and you'll be amazed at the volumes which can cause damage over time. However Once you start to loose certain frequencies you may be exposing yourself to things that are loud enough to do damage but you just don't hear them!

I never though it would happen to me :rolleyes:

Heres a couple of links:
http://www.abelard.org/hear/hear.htm#how-loud

http://www.headwize.com/articles/hearing_art.htm

http://www.hearnet.com/at_risk/risk_at_risk.shtml

Peace
Bill

Last edited:
Hey Bill I hear ya man. We should form a support group. I get busted on all the time, but if there is one thing that makes me want to throttle some super-sonic havin +3000khz hearin human is when I tell them I suffer from pretty bad hearing damage and they respond with "What?"

GET A NEW FUCKING JOKE YOU $5 MILLION DOLLAR FREAKS!

Nice playing. I thought I noticed a little "lack of smoothness" here and there. But mostly it was really. I think you have a nice voice for this style. Some words get covered up a bit. The reverb(s) you used on this was perfect. Good job on that.

Ironically (or not), I thought the overall level of the tune was too quiet. I thought you had a bunch more headroom to play with as it is. Possibly more with some more compression.

Strange end.

Good job. Trip.

Sounded more like a demo than an early mix. Others, with more experience than me, have already made some valid comments regarding the mix/production.

The guitar work was very nice (I'm jealous). Also, your vocal works very well with the blues.

What are your plans with this one?

BPOCO

hehee, you started growling a lil bit and I thought you wuz gonna get all "docta John" on me. That guitar tone was pretty. Vocal smooth, You aint a drummer yet but its comin along pretty good. :) bass was round and big. I hear ya on the tinnitis. One of the guitar players I did a gig with a couple a weeks ago has it real bad, constant 4k ring in one ear. He wears an ear plug in one ear while he`s playing. It`s probly a miracle I still have my hearing. Cool and true words you tole my friend...

khompewtur:
Yeah, nothing like puuting a 1000 watt system in a VW bug to expedite the bass drum damage! I didn't listen so why should I expect them to:D

Triplem and bpoco:
Thanks,In a few spots I fumbled mostly the lead and then to top it off, Sonar did some real unusual stalls which are real obvious but I did not want to go back and redo the whole thing from scratch. I havent figured out why it messed up the audio yet. Got these drums just about when my back went out again. hopefully Ill get better as I begin to be able to practice some.
I guess if you cant play some blues lead after almost 40 years somethings wrong, LOL No plans, but I hope to eventually get a whole CD of listenable stuff which Ive written or played over the years to give to the family. Kinda like an audio photo album. Because this is a great part of who I am.

The end! yeah, I ran out of track, oops

Toki:
Thanks, I had to go chainsmoke a bunch to get that old black bluesman tone in the vox

:D LOL:D

Im happy with the guitar tone and Im glad its not clipping or harsh to others, I tried a couple of different tones after the vox just because. I think That I'm gonna like this pod a whole bunch.

Peace
Bill

khompewtur: you said,"Certain moments are just subtly shade under for me :52 " what does the :52 mean???

Peace
Bill

Excellent vocals, and great lyrics! lol :D

Very nice playing throughout. I liked everything about this (well, almost everything...I think the drums could use an overhaul, but you already know about that)...

Very nice!

:)

Boydrj: Thanks for that compliment , I needed to hear that:cool:
Im just now getting courageous enough to actually sing without holding back a bunch:D

Peace
Bill

Cool tune!

Pretty good mix for a deaf guy! I've heard worse from people who can hear. The lack of cymbals is the only glaring problem here.

wfaraoni said:
Im just now getting courageous enough to actually sing without holding back a bunch:D

Gaining confidence in your vocals is the single most important thing you can due to improve them. You already have pitch & phrasing.

Ironically, I notice my ringing most when I have plugs in. It's also about the same freq. as your average crash cymbal. Go figure.:rolleyes:

M brane, Yeah I could probably add some cymbals, but those things scare me since I cant hear them clearly either. I could be blasting someone out with them thinking to myself, Oh, that sounds good LOL!!
It looks like Im going to have to redo the drum track but I think Ill wait until I get some drum skills on those Yamaha Vdrums which have been collecting far too much dust lately. Everyone says that the v drum cymbals suck anyway.

Yeah the quieter it gets the more pronounced the ringing seems, mine is just over 6K which is also near my hearing high range limit. They say it may be a little higher but its gets lost in the ringing:( ;) :D

Thanks for that compliment, "Pretty good mix for a deaf guy! I've heard worse from people who can hear."
:D :confused: :eek: :D

Peace
Bill

Hey Bill,

Hip lyrics man, smiled from ear to ear!:D :D :D

Nice guit work..... voicings, riffs and tones.

I love your voice man.......sounds like a few whiskeys and marlboros have 'seasoned' it well.

Bass needs a tad EQ or tightening up.

Time is a little loose in spots and the drums should be played by a drummer. ( fun though isn't it ) I am so bad behind a set of skins, my buds laugh @ me and lay-people would never guess I make my living @ music . My rhythm is in the 10 digits and not the extremities....er well maybe one :D :D :D

You are a fine musician. ;)

Peace,
Ralph

Wow! Now thats a compliment if I ever got one!!!
Your a Pro so I know You arent just saying that because we share that Italian ancestry:D Todays my Dad, Vito's Birthday... Now thats a cool Italian name isnt it:) Vito Faraoni

I hear you on the drumming, Just got done listening to yor tune Jackerouac , Now those are some Great drums my friend.

The voice I used is not my natural voice but it may have to be used more since my Elvis Impersonation/emulation is having some difficulty with the years:D :( :D :( :D

Peace
Bill

Back