Thoughts on a new song?(rough mix)

jimmi

Hi,

Just wanted to post this to get anyones thoughts. I'm a bit fed up of it after listening to it for the last couple of hours but I liked the song when I sat down to record it. Level is low for some reason, vocals and lead guitar should probably be redone. Any thoughts/suggestions as it stands now?

Thansk, jim

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7217021

This is sort of a southern rock song almost. I like the overall vibe and arrangement. It's good stuff.
Don't care for the drum press rolls, I'd leave those out. I think the snare could be louder. That's all I would rec.
Lead guitar is good - lots of variety in the various parts and played well(clean/wah). I wouldn't redo it.
Vocals are also fine. I don't think they are too loud.

:D:):D:)

Great guitar sounds! And played very well too! I love your voice, just that hint of rasp--works great for this tune & style. And I agree, the level is fine, they're not too loud.

I'd also agree that the drums are the weak spot. They're a bit far back in the mix compared the rest. I'd try 'em up a bit, and without the rolls (though they also kinda work for me) and maybe after bringing the drums up, you'll find the bass could come up a tad.

Good stuff & great song! (Did you write it?)

Thanks for the listens folks. The drums do bother me. As does the mix. The whole thing isn't really sounding the way it did in my head if you catch me. I think because it lacks an acoustic guitar - I substitute with clean electrics cos I cant get a good acoustic sound. But I think I'll play around with that and try find something useable.

Hi strat, I wrote it..... but it's one of those ones that sounded familiar from the first time I played it. I even went looking on youtube thinking I'd ripped a Ryan Adams song but couldn't find anything obvious. Does sound familiar though.

Thanks for the listens folks. The drums do bother me. As does the mix. The whole thing isn't really sounding the way it did in my head if you catch me. I think because it lacks an acoustic guitar - I substitute with clean electrics cos I cant get a good acoustic sound. But I think I'll play around with that and try find something useable.

Hi strat, I wrote it..... but it's one of those ones that sounded familiar from the first time I played it. I even went looking on youtube thinking I'd ripped a Ryan Adams song but couldn't find anything obvious. Does sound familiar though.

I didn't ask if you wrote it because it sounded familiar (it may, but I didn't hear that at all); I was asking because I thought it was a really well written song--nice job!

I've got to agree with WhiteStrat...

Well done...someone else said it sounded kind of southern...it's that solo in the backgound...KINDA sounds like Charlie Daniels Band (or is it Marshall Tucker)...anyway, it's a great song to listen to...the lack of acoustic doesn't hurt it one bit.

Well done...someone else said it sounded kind of southern...it's that solo in the backgound...KINDA sounds like Charlie Daniels Band (or is it Marshall Tucker)...anyway, it's a great song to listen to...the lack of acoustic doesn't hurt it one bit.

Thanks a lot. Haha, I cant play fiddle but I have a bit of a beard comin on.

Back