Those reputation points: greatest single-day gain and loss?

jeffree

The link between equipment reviews and the reviewers giving them is an important if confusing one. I recently lost 4 points in one day--probably shouldn't have mentioned that I like my amp modeler as much as my tube amp for recording--and I started wondering about the biggest point gain and drop for a single day. Have I earned an award here or at least joined an elite club?

Just curious,
J.

Don't remember my greatest single day loss, but my single greatest gain was a post much like yours complaining about rep points ;). Here's some postive rep coming at cha.

jeffree said:
Thanks, guys. I'm not stressing about it but just interested. Strangest of all is that the point-loss appears to come from just one person. Someone must really hate amp modelers--and maybe the J-Station, in particular.

Glad to hear I'm not alone in this club.

J.

I don't think a person can give negative to the same person twice without spreading it around, so you must have either pissed off someone with A LOT of rep, or pissed off more than one person ;)

jeffree said:
The link between equipment reviews and the reviewers giving them is an important if confusing one. I recently lost 4 points in one day--probably shouldn't have mentioned that I like my amp modeler as much as my tube amp for recording--and I started wondering about the biggest point gain and drop for a single day. Have I earned an award here or at least joined an elite club?

Just curious,
J.

I think the record for loss probably involved Walters, but I'm just guessing here. :D

I just noticed my first negative rep today.

Funny- most folks who give positive rep (except perhaps in this thread...) give it for a good reason and leave a comment so you understand *why* they thought it was a good post. Most negative rep is either blank or mindless and unsigned. Whatever; :rolleyes:

I once got neutral rep. :confused: I think it was the "Mics that were recently called BLUE" guy and he didn't have enough rep to actually register a negative point.

Too bad I don't keep close track. Today would have been my greatest rep loss- maybe 3 points. Dunno for sure.

Greatest gain was something like a 50-75 jump in one day, I think with just a couple people posting pos. rep. Wasn't long ago as I just started realizing that there WAS rep stuff going on about 2 months ago.

Gotta have something to do while the hard drive defrags.... :)

Chris

J-Station??

J- Station????

My God, man, what the heck do you think you're trying to do to the world??

I mean - J-Station! When you could just as easily be hauling around a ton and a half of loud amps, drop ten grand on them and hire a staff of six to make the changes for you. What were you thinking??! Why didn't you go with Behringer?

Lessee what happens. Maybe I can get a red chicklet out of this... :D

Tree, you got me this time--I laughed out loud. In fact, this whole rep-point issue is cracking me up in a way. If anyone's wondering, just raising the issue here doesn't assure that one's points will increase. Mine have gone from 4 to 0 to 4 to 5 to 4 since I posted here yesterday, and folks have been leaving me pro or con notes ("here's one for you, buddy" or "sorry bro, gotta take one away"). I have to chuckle every time I check this stuff, whatever it means.

By the way, I was looking at the system and found that there does appear to be an easy way to rather systematically dismantle someone's point total. I won't say more here since there's no reason to promote more sniper fire of any sort.

I'm now back to my original total of 4, so I'll shut up and say goodnight. Thanks to all who repaired my ruined reputation--karma will find you.

J.

(Psssst... I still like my J-Station)

Hmm.. Maybe I should read the site's documentation to try to figure out how rep works. Nah! I'll just assume that I'm awesome.

Back