The WInd (New SOng) Neeed Feedback

Greykitkat36

This song is going to be on my upcoming album, recorded it all myself as well as (mixed and mastered) to the best of ability. Thoughts?
I swear I'll return the advice favor and help anyone who is a pure beginner, as I've been doing this for a few years now. I appreciate the feedback!
View attachment thewindmaster.mp3

This song is going to be on my upcoming album, recorded it all myself as well as (mixed and mastered) to the best of ability. Thoughts?
I swear I'll return the advice favor and help anyone who is a pure beginner, as I've been doing this for a few years now. I appreciate the feedback!
View attachment 86625

Hi.

I think it was a good as any processional song.

-einar-

that intro reminds me of another song....which isn't a bad thing, it's definitely catchy. I like the way you haven't over compressed it in the mastering stage, it breathes.

I like it... the performance, production and mix is all top notch, but I feel the overall sound is too smooth and mechanical for the style... it needs a bit more twang on the guitar and the drums need to be less rigid.

The bass is too busy for my taste.
It is a little smooth - Tobe's comments are pretty good.
Some of the lines are rushed/crowded in - but that's OK.
Have you considered getting it professionally mastered? If I were you I'd send a track off for a sample job.

The bass is too busy for my taste.
It is a little smooth - Tobe's comments are pretty good.
Some of the lines are rushed/crowded in - but that's OK.
Have you considered getting it professionally mastered? If I were you I'd send a track off for a sample job.

First off, thanks so much everyone for the comments it really means a lot. The drums are rigid probably because it's not a real drummer lol, I'll see what I can do about that. What about the mastering made you think I should get it professionally done? I've thought about it but it's something I really want to get better at rather than have someone else do it. I enjoy doing it.

mastering is really difficult and takes seriously good ears as well as experience and tools.
there are a few on these forums who can master their own work but they are few and very, very talented.
I've had stuff professionally mastered and it does make a difference for a whole lot of reasons. If you intend putting out the best album you can you ought to consider an ME. Many will master a song for you & send you an MP3 of the result as a taste test so you can consider their wares.
There are several who haunt the mastering section of the board that you might approach and there are many just a click away as well. Try someone recommended by otehrs particularly if you can get an A - B of their material.

Back