"The Wild Animals"

mkii-B-AVAtar.jpg

this was the rig i used for most of the guitar tracks on this one...
it's a '82 mesa boogie mark2b 60 watt head, into a avatar g112 vintage with a Celestion G12c-30 in it..

some of the tracks were captured with the sm57, some with the shure KSM44, and a couple direct with a Palmer PDI-09 in line.

Love the pace of the song and rhythm. Drums are maybe a touch too far in the background... Not quite as snappy to my taste but that could just be personal preference.

Great tune, Gonz! I would have made the snare snappier too. I particularly liked the bass guitar sound and the playing ...

Here's wishing you great success with the new album!

Timbo

Love the pace of the song and rhythm. Drums are maybe a touch too far in the background... Not quite as snappy to my taste but that could just be personal preference.

hello ajsajs!
and thanks for listening.
you know, different playbacks, it sounds a bit different on...
tons of drums in my playback!
what are you using to listen on?

plus, i guess i make those production decisions,
about what clutter's a mix...
and there are so many tracks, i have to ride the fence between them all,
and feature just certain ones at certain times.
all faders get ridden,
including drums.

Good job. The low guitars works good with the bass and kick. Agree to what has been mention earlier about the snare. A little more crack would be nice. Actually it sound like the snare is getting better towards the end of the song.

Good job. The low guitars works good with the bass and kick. Agree to what has been mention earlier about the snare. A little more crack would be nice. Actually it sound like the snare is getting better towards the end of the song.

hey La, thanks for listening!

View attachment 105310

this was the rig i used for most of the guitar tracks on this one...
it's a '82 mesa boogie mark2b 60 watt head, into a avatar g112 vintage with a Celestion G12c-30 in it..

some of the tracks were captured with the sm57, some with the shure KSM44, and a couple direct with a Palmer PDI-09 in line.

with that hard thumping bass ( which i like) you could bring the drums, mostly kick and SNARE, up to match

with that hard thumping bass ( which i like) you could bring the drums, mostly kick and SNARE, up to match

hey sparky!
thanks for checking it out...
since it's finished,
i wont be doing any more mixing on it, i lived with the mix for a long time.

sometimes, when i favor one instrument over another,
it's because i already tried boosting the drums (which i did on this one!) and it didn't work.

for whatever reason, masking, the decision to favor a vocal where the snare happened to sit,
whatever it is,
but when i find a mix that i'm happy with, especially one that works both in the good monitors at volume,
and in some decent ear buds, where i do most of my listening, i'm good with it.

yea, kick and snare COULD come up, i agree.
my drummer said he didn't care!
heheh...

Back