The Weight

I think it sounds well played and well recorded. Sounds like a live recording rather than a studio recording. Depends what you're aiming for I guess and what you think is already wrong with it.

I think it sounds well played and well recorded. Sounds like a live recording rather than a studio recording. Depends what you're aiming for I guess and what you think is already wrong with it.
Thanks for listening and the feedback. Bass and drums and tambourene were recorded live - along with guitar and vocals. But the vocals and guitar(s) were replaced later on. The keys were also added later.

I wasn't aiming for anything other than a track that hopefully sounded good. A live sound is fine with me. The main issue I had with this track is the lead vocal. I tend to not like my voice. As a result I've been through a multitude of eq settings. None of which has made me happy.

Here's an updated version incorporating some of the suggestions received. The difference I think is relatively subtle, but hopefully for the better.

Mostly I tried to boost the bottom - primarily guitar and bass. And cut the highs, guitar, tam, and high hat. I think it balances better this way. Let me know if you have any further comments or suggestions.

And if you don't hear any difference between this and the first version, let me know that too. :)
I really enjoyed the song and thought it was well done. Your voice sounds fine to me.

The main issue I had with this track is the lead vocal. I tend to not like my voice. As a result I've been through a multitude of eq settings. None of which has made me happy.
You're not alone in that regard. I think a lot of us cringe when we listen to ourselves. Over the years, I've become more comfortable with hearing my voice, but there are certain phrases and notes that still drive me crazy when I hear them. Occasionally, I'll just change the melody to avoid a particular spot that I struggle with, or that makes me "squeak".

You're not alone in that regard. I think a lot of us cringe when we listen to ourselves. Over the years, I've become more comfortable with hearing my voice, but there are certain phrases and notes that still drive me crazy when I hear them. Occasionally, I'll just change the melody to avoid a particular spot that I struggle with, or that makes me "squeak".
I recall reading that John Lennon also hated his voice. So at least we’re in good company. 👍🏼

WAAAAY too loud. Step slowly away from the limiter/compressor. :D

Everything else is great! The relationships are fine. The problem is in the two bus.

Thx. Don’t necessarily agree. There is only a touch of limiting. But appreciate the feedback. I’ll look at it again.

Thx. Don’t necessarily agree. There is only a touch of limiting. But appreciate the feedback. I’ll look at it again.
Remove the limiting and see how hot the mix naturally is.

The limiting will brick stop whatever whatever you send - and that mix is really hot.

... and I have a tendency to mix hot myself, and went "Whoa" ... by MY levels.

Back