The ULTIMATE Entry-Level Mic Pre Poll... :op

What is the BEST Entry-Level Mic Pre????

• Art Tube MP

Votes: 82 15.3%
  • Art Tube PAC

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • Presonus Blue Tube

Votes: 52 9.7%
  • Bellari MP105

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Bellari MP110

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Bellari RP503

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • dbx Mini-Pre Tube

Votes: 12 2.2%
  • M-Audio AudioBuddy

Votes: 56 10.4%
  • M-Audio DMP3

Votes: 187 34.9%
  • Behringer VX2000

Votes: 27 5.0%
  • Rolls CL151 Mic Pre/Comp.

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Joe Meek MQ3

Votes: 92 17.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tube?

well...

it gives you the warm and fuzzies!

it can increase the temperature of your workspace and also affects the relative humidity.

:)

hahaha... good way of putting it, i guess. Goes well with your pikachu avatar :p ... But honestly, is there really that much difference between the two mics, seeing as with the exception of the tube, they're primarily the same? Or aren't they?

still narrowing down my own search for a preamp based on reviews and comments in this gigantic thread. How does the M-audio DMP3 compare to the Presonus MP20?

keilson said:
still narrowing down my own search for a preamp based on reviews and comments in this gigantic thread. How does the M-audio DMP3 compare to the Presonus MP20?

Excuse me, but this thread has mutated and is no longer authorized for discussion about cheap mic pres. Please limit your conversations to the subject of bacos and lo-fat ranch dressing from now on.

Your cooperation will be appreciated. Thank you. :o

tf5, DON'T get the Bellari it's a piece of junk! (too noisy)
The Event EMP-1 is much better-in fact I almost bought the same one
on e-bay you're looking at! It provides full 48V phantom power BTW,
and the Audio Buddy does not.

keilson, Ju Sum Pilgrim, a bbs member whom I respect very much,
has said the MP20 and the DMP3 are pretty close-unless you're
dealing with low sensitivity microphones where the MP20 will do better.
If I were getting a MP20 though, e-bay seems like a better deal where
they go for about $350 used IMHO.

Chris

woof woof woof! welcome littledog!

i find that most ranch dressings contain msg.

msg seems to give me hangover like symptoms -- dehydration, red eyes, headache, general malaise.

why do they put it in there?

:confused:

littledog said:

Excuse me, but this thread has mutated and is no longer authorized for discussion about cheap mic pres. Please limit your conversations to the subject of bacos and lo-fat ranch dressing from now on.

Your cooperation will be appreciated. Thank you. :o

Mmmmmm.... Bacos......

chessparov said:
tf5, DON'T get the Bellari it's a piece of junk! (too noisy)
The Event EMP-1 is much better-in fact I almost bought the same one
on e-bay you're looking at! It provides full 48V phantom power BTW,
and the Audio Buddy does not.

Cool, thanks for the info Chess... I'm glad I stayed away from the Bellari... I should've gotten the Event, but I was a retard and missed the end of the auction *LOL* I shall find one anyways...

Holy hell... I'm so hungry, I could eat a whole thng of Bacos!!

i forget what i meant cause that was way last week but i probly meant that you should get a whole bunch of mic amps and work with em.

you know... the more the merrier!

they really do sound different.

:)

You dork. :p hehehe anyways.. Yeah, that makes sense. Now, If i wasn't a piss-poor underpaid and poorly treated radio shack employee in a city where there isn't shit for jobs unless you're a registered nurse, I would have several. ^_^

hmm

you stinky twat... :p

its all a matter of prior orities.

you probly go to some dipstick place like bennigan's or o'charley's and get a snootful of beer and smoke 2 packs of cigs.

you probly guzzle enough in 6 mos. to buy all the mic preamps i have and i have 6 different kinds...

:eek:

or maybe you buy lots of comic books or barbies...

or food!

Re: hmm

jeap said:
you stinky twat... :p

its all a matter of prior orities.

you probly go to some dipstick place like bennigan's or o'charley's and get a snootful of beer and smoke 2 packs of cigs.

you probly guzzle enough in 6 mos. to buy all the mic preamps i have and i have 6 different kinds...

:eek:

or maybe you buy lots of comic books or barbies...

or food!

Heh. what's Bennigan's or O'Charley's? Where I'm from, we don't have anywhere that sounds so "classy". Besides. All the money that I would've previously had for booze and food i just spent on a new mobo and chip for my recording rig. *LOL*

But yes. It'd be between recording shit and food.

ah so...

you dont deny the cigs!

cigs will soon be 50$ a carton so a weeks worth of cigs will = 1 audiobuddy!

:p

Haha, no, I just forgot about that part. Besides. I think the night I wrote that, I was stoned out of my friggin' gord. So I slipped. Heh. Cigarettes are nasty, and expensive. I'm glad I don't smoke.

In non-related news... My roomate is on the other computer here at work, and he just informed me that in the year 2019, the earth will be hit by 1.2 mile wide asteroid.

Duck and cover folks.

Yes yes it is... It's a good thing we buy it only when my girlfriend's in town... just so happened i had some left over...

And when I want to go smoke, do you really think I pay for it? Helll no... that's why you have friends that sell. They'll always smoke you out. *LOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back