the stupidess day of recording (EVER)

Not to add fuel to the fire, but the apostrophe can be your best friend.

RAK said:
Not to add fuel to the fire, but the apostrophe can be your best friend.
Not to mention a capital letter and the occasion period. But that's just kooky-talk.

marshall409 said:
???

since when is spelt incorrect?

Adam
Definitions of spelt:
noun: hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe for livestock feed

Unless you're a Europeen chicken farmer, the answer to your question would be: "Since day one".

RAMI said:
Definitions of spelt:
noun: hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe for livestock feed

Unless you're a Europeen chicken farmer, the answer to your question would be: "Since day one".

that was one of the funniest things ive heard all day but, wow you guys are assholes... haha

Granted this not homegrammer.com, but it's harder to make a point on a user forum if you can't articulate it properly. Same way you're not going to be taken seriously as a public speaker if you can't speak properly.

Look at it this way, if people read something you wrote and all they notice are the grammer mistakes, then they're not paying attention to the content.

I don't see what you mean by this thread getting off topic.

(this is where I point out the sarcastic nature of my previous comment)

Gee, I hope I spelt everything correctly, or else I'll look silly.

marshall409 said:
???

since when is spelt incorrect?

Adam
Maybe it's a colloquial or ethnic bias, but I grew up being taught (in school and at home) that words like "spelt" and "spilt" were "bad grammer." However, every reference I could find says that both "spelled" and "spelt" are allowed.

So, I seem to stand corrected. It would seem that either "spelled" or "spelt" can indeed be used as past tense for "spell." Still doesn't sound right to me.

Live and learn. :o

G.

Brok_Homz said:
can i delete this thread now?

o wait, maybe i should say "may I"
Yo Brok...You're a good sport...At this point, we're just having fun...But I would have told us to fuck off a long time ago...Thanx brother.

I don't think users can delete their own topics, so no.

I don't know if I should be amazed that "gangster" or ghetto talk translates online or not. You're not impressing us either way.

Personally, when you type like an idiot, that's how we see you, and we're not going to take the topic seriously.

Sorry, it's the tough but honest truth.

Alexbt said:
I don't think users can delete their own topics, so no.

I don't know if I should be amazed that "gangster" or ghetto talk translates online or not. You're not impressing us either way.

Personally, when you type like an idiot, that's how we see you, and we're not going to take the topic seriously.

Sorry, it's the tough but honest truth.

I'm guessing you didn't actually read the guys posts before making that rather hasty and uneccessary remark. I don't really recall him speaking in any kind of gangster speak. He just made a few typos, some guys had a bit of fun about it, and he was a good sport about it.

At least find out what bandwagon you're actually jumping on before you jump on it.

Back