the stupidess day of recording (EVER)

Brok_Homz

this is purely for the amusement of professional engineers and the education for beginning home recorders...

so im all pumped to record lyrics to a track called "THA PHANTOM" (a story of the phantom the opera with a cool remixed beat i did for it) but the quality is real bad on the vocals im recording. I DONT GET IT!

so i spent at least 2 hours (probably more) of frustration, tweaking my mixer, compressor and software... only to figure just a couple hours ago that my software (adobe audition) was set to record at 22050 sample rate, instead of my usually 44100.

HAHA WHAT A RELIEF! I thought my equipment went bad!

What did I learn from this.........

1. I should check every possible scenario before panicking and turning knobs and moving switches.

2. If I would have spent more time fine tuning my equipment, I could come up with a more pleasent sound in recording. (I tweaked tha 3 EQ knobs and got a more "warm" sound)

SO IT WASNT A complete WASTE

Definition of irony:
"noun: incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs."

If misspelling the word "stupidest" isn't irony...nothing is.

Have a nice day. :) (sarcasm)

Last edited:
haha i spelt it wrong for 2 reasons:

-to emphasize my stupidity
-becuase i was too lazy to look how to spell it correctly (its one of those words that i cant remember how to spell off tha top of my head, other ones are: tommorrow, entreprenuership, receipt)

Brok_Homz said:

-becuase i was too lazy to look how to spell it correctly (its one of those words that i cant remember how to spell off tha top of my head, other ones are: tommorrow, entreprenuership, receipt)

best.
post.
ever.

Brok_Homz said:

You probably should add the word "spelled" to that list. ;)

G.

Brok_Homz said:

it can only be one or the other!! stop covering!

TragikRemix said:
im not feelin it...

think of somethin better dude..
Believe me...in North America, that's a great line. You need to watch some "Judge...." shows.

Back