The Only Word That Mattered

The acoustic guitars sound gorgeous. I'd pull them down a couple of db's when the vocal comes in. They compete just a bit. But boy do they sound good.

I'd pull the bass down just a bit too.

The drums sound good. Except for something going on with the snare. There is a sharp snap in it somewhere. Or is it on the toms? You can year it when the drums first come in at about :05. It goes on through the song, but it's easiest to hear at :05.

Vocals waver here and there. They're a bit apprehensive in spots.

The acoustic guitars sound gorgeous. I'd pull them down a couple of db's when the vocal comes in. They compete just a bit. But boy do they sound good.

I'd pull the bass down just a bit too.

The drums sound good. Except for something going on with the snare. There is a sharp snap in it somewhere. Or is it on the toms? You can year it when the drums first come in at about :05. It goes on through the song, but it's easiest to hear at :05.

Vocals waver here and there. They're a bit apprehensive in spots.
Thanks for listening and the honest critique. I’ll take a look at some ducking on the guitars and bass.

Fwiw, the double drum hits in the very beginning of the song (before the vocal) are from a totally different kit than the rest of the song. But I’ll look closer. I know I put some effects on the main drum kit, not sure offhand if I also put the same effects on the intro hits. If so, what you’re hearing may be coming from that. I’ll check it out.

For info., the guitars were recorded using a single condenser mic. No effects on them except a little verb (same verb as on the vocals), and of course double tracked. I’ve used the same setup on other songs and I also like the results. 👍🏼

Back