The official "I love P-90s" thread...

Bianchi Joe said:
Guess what, kids? Those Pods and modelers and Sansamps they're selling you are all pretty much trying to get the sound of a P-90 guitar through a Gibson GA-5.

No they aren't, and the rest of your post was pretty pointless too.

Supercreep said:
Got a new paul so my SG is going under the knife for a new bridge, tuners, and some of these...

http://store.guitarfetish.com/dr90husip90c.html

;)

Let us know how those work out for you. Guitarfetish talks all the GFS pickups pretty good but I haven't heard any of them yet.

Btw, I'm a strat guy but I like P-90s. A guy I know plays a sg w/p90s thru a hiwatt head/hiwatt cab. That is the best sounding rock rig I've ever played thru by far.

Uh, oh,resurrected thread. All I gotta say is: WOOO!!! FRALIN!!!! WOOOOO!!!! I live and die by the p90, the only thing else I like for distortion/gain is the minibucker on my Firebird VII.

I fell in love with the sound of P90s, when I tried a Gibson Les Paul Faded Double Cutaway at Guitar Center, in Indianapolis. I've since added an Epiphone Les Paul Jr. 90, and a Gibson Les Paul Faded Double Cutaway to my collection, and both will be getting Bigsby B5 vibratos, as soon as I get a chance to get the work done. In my Epiphone LP, I've got a nice, down and dirty ballsy sound that'll be perfect for my original hot rod instrumental guitar pieces, while my Gibson LP will be perfect for my own unique sound for original surf/surfabilly instrumental guitar pieces. Try as I might, on both the guitar and the amp controls, there's something about the tones out of the Epiphone, with its single bridge position P90, that I've yet to replicate with the Gibson, with its 2 x P90s.

Matt

Wow.. This is an old thread. Has anyone used a S. Duncan P-90 Stack? I'm building a Junior, but haven't bought the pickup yet. It would be cool to have the option to cancel noise without sacrificing too much. I realize that it will never have "that" P-90 sound split, or otherwise. 'just looking for some feedback. TIA

P90s are pretty cool... I guess... :D

I've got an 89' LP Std gold top with P-90s (the last year that model was standard and afterwards became the "historical" or "custom" or whatever marketing stuff they've come up with). Good stuff.

TravisinFlorida said:
Btw, I'm a strat guy but I like P-90s.

a fella by the name of pete biltoft makes strat sized p90s, i've got them in my '86 american standard/strat plus frankenstein and they sound fucking unreal. if you want, pm me and i can give you his number.

Back