The most expensive mic...

That's not the point though. I'm not asking you to determine which original source was the sharpest, I am asking you to determine which final image is the most detailed, etc. That's the exact same thing you get in a blind mic shootout, except the results of the mic shootout are often random, especially if all of the mics are of the same type (operating principle, diaphragm size, polar pattern).

That said, there is no way through processing to make a 6" terrestrial scope image look like an unprocessing Hubble image with cut & paste ;)

That's not the point though. I'm not asking you to determine which original source was the sharpest, I am asking you to determine which final image is the most detailed, etc.

Impossible to tell at 400px in a lossy .jpg format (or .gif). You can ONLY go with the one that got closest to the action. Which doesn't make it the best. Only that it's closer to the action. Has a bigger zoom. Or was just taller than the short guy with the better camera. What's better an Audix i5 at 1 meter? Or a U87 at 50 yards? Based on the results, inconclusive. You'll likely favor the i5 though. Fewer distractions / loudest. Swap the mics at the same positions and the reverse. Make them both the same mic, and you'll still likely favor the one closest to the action. (unless the action exceeds the capabilities of the mic. i.e. Shuttle launch).

Telescopes are like hearing aids for the eyes. They magnify light as hearing aids amplify sound. Both
have their limitations. A telescope may see far away but look through one at an object up close and
the focus is lost. This condition may call for a magnifying glass. If you wish to get closer view, you might
employ a microscope. Hearing aids cannot amplify far away sounds without amplifying the nearer sounds
to levels of distortion. Distortion which is unintelligable is simply unfocused sound.
Apologies if my reply is a little bit out there.

Actually the Simpson's about 20K each, evidently new pricing. For that dosh it better wash my car, make breakfast, clean the cat's litter pan etc. Or get me a contract with some big star. Doubt it'll do any of those things.

For that kind of money, it had better either include an honorary degree, be my car, or at least be big enough to live in. Yikes.

Isn't $20K USD the going rate for a 3' x 3' x 7' cardboard box in Romania? (or wherever those things are from) As the Chinese out class / under bid our F35 series of mega-million radar evading planes...

Back