The love song thread....

SnakeDog5050 said:
Well there's a reason why I don't write love songs...

probably cause they turn out something like this:
"The Car, The Diamond Ring"
http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1T8CG9LKY7SAH30Z4XWULW7GS6

featuring emotional performances by
Dr. Z, Tha Roosta, D-Monsta X, & Danger Girl EH-masta J & me (G-dawg 7)
"This one's for the ladies!!"

I grabbed my girl once and tried to dance with her to this, but she kept trying to get away from me... i don't know wwwwhy... probably cause it's TOO good... yeah?
"It don't get no hotter than this!"
lol, sweet. Chill littl track.

OK, well, this isn't really a love song...it's more of a "Lost love"song, I guess. I wouldn't post this usually, but since this thread has been revived, I figure what the hell. This song is at the bottom of my page for a reason. It's about 2 years old and has to be re-mixed and maybe re-recorded. The guitars are direct and they're the first things that have to go.

SCARS

Direct,or not....guitars sound good dude. This tune has a very ominous vibe to it. Very cool. Can't say much about it. I like it. I can't wait to hear it remixed. One of your heavier tunes. Man, you are a versatile man.
Ed

Thanx Dog...I like the actual song, but find the recording very amateur. Not only because of the direct guits, but I find I made the beginner mistake of making everything too wet. Too much reverb, too much delay...On the othe hand, maybe my stuff is too dry now, so it could just be my perception.

By the way, I was almost going to start a new thread to say this, but I'll just say it here. I post from work all day long, and there are no speakers on this computer. So I don't want anyone to think I'm not interested in listening to other people's stuff and only post links to my tunes. I have no choice here, I can't listen no matter how much I want to.....There...I feel better now.

RAMI said:
By the way, I was almost going to start a new thread to say this, but I'll just say it here. I post from work all day long, and there are no speakers on this computer. So I don't want anyone to think I'm not interested in listening to other people's stuff and only post links to my tunes. I have no choice here, I can't listen no matter how much I want to.....There...I feel better now.

I know exactly how you feel... can't listen to anything till 7 tonight :( :(

I'm curious to hear what it sounds like compared to your other music since I record direct often (due to lack of good micing)

I'm probably going to get blasted bigtime for posting this in the mp3 forum :D but when I think back I actually did write one "serious" love song and thought I'd post the lyrics. Never considered my self even "good" at writing lyrics & I'd rather not post the actual song. Although I do like the music a lot, the recording quality is bad. Maybe I'll redo it someday or if there's any response to this maybe that'll motivate me since it wouldn't take me long.

Lost in a Dream

I remember holding your hand
before I sailed away that day
Into the mist of a fallen dream
only to remain completely unseen

Loving you is what i do, and ill be coming back for you

I returned with treasure in hand
to see a dock where you didn't stand
Now a hunt that wont end my friend
to the edge of earth, to the end of time

All i wanna do is see you again!
to touch your hair
and look into your eyes

Loving you ill always do, but finding you i have no clue

All i wanna do is see you again
but a dream that never ends...
becomes reality
reality!

RAMI said:
OK, well, this isn't really a love song...it's more of a "Lost love"song, I guess. I wouldn't post this usually, but since this thread has been revived, I figure what the hell. This song is at the bottom of my page for a reason. It's about 2 years old and has to be re-mixed and maybe re-recorded. The guitars are direct and they're the first things that have to go.

SCARS

Hey cool guitar sounds, clean & electric. I like the heavy bass driving the song too. Maybe it's just me, but I actually think your "beginner's mistakes" fit the song. Everything sounds kind of distant. Which fits what you're singing about IMO. One thing I think could use more punch/less distance is the power chords behind the chorus.

Yeah, cool moody sounding song ;) Good stuff!

True-eurt, i finally got to listen to you. POWERHOUSE VOCALS!!!!! Kewl style of music too. Imagine my surprise, know how you sometimes get an idea of who and how someone is, subconcsiously, without actually having a clue?, well i thought you were this young white girl. Are you? Somehow you don't sound like one OTFL......

Agree with rami here, you've got to close the deal on these tunes! It's gonna be really good stuff.

Just to prove that I do have a heart, and it's been broken at least once I wrote a couple of love songs. One of them "Sometimes" is on my link, the vocals are kinda thin (hell man, I aint a singer,) and the music gets off in a few places and the drums (on this version) are all loops, just three guys on a single take, oh well it's just another love song, you be the judge and tell me if the song has any potential.

dastig said:
hey, i have a love song to submit. it has a kind of young sound though, maybe you guys will like it. Also the mix is kinda off, this was back when I didn't know you pan guitars L R.

Strawberry Icecream

Strawberry Icecream Acoustic
dastig im really feeling it. I like the acoustic a bit better though

I just gave the full version another listen and the hihat really hits me inn the right ear like its panned all the way to the right.

i got a few.....

www.nowhereradio.com/kylosius look in the singles section

one is "sorry about that" i didn't write it. it's more of a loved and lost song.
the other is "song for kylee" written for a friend just a couple days ago. husker du sounding minus drums.

I'd love to hear those tunes finished, True...They were both spine-tingling.
It only took me 3 years to respond to you RAMI!!! I went to NOWHERE RADIO(which I had all but forgotten was there!!).. and listened to WIND AND FIRE(which evolved into FIRE)...but couldn't get the AWAKE song to play...wow...amazing how a song sounds so different from beginning to end. That was before dog's bass, gorty's axe and your drums were added...and ya know, I need to find the file with it all lined up right. I remember you had said there was an issue with that on your site. It's good to go back and have a listen to things before and after!!! I doubt I could even play that song on the piano anymore!

Anyway...a bump to an oldie but goldie thread...now where is Will at?:confused:

Anyway...a bump to an oldie but goldie thread...now where is Will at?:confused:

He left because he owes me a microphone for winning his mixing contest:mad:
Just ask anyone, except the guy who came in second:D
Seriously he promised an Oktavia microphone to the contest winner. He never got the judging done and he pretty much faded away after that:D
I don't know if that's it for sure, but it seemed that way.

Come back Will! We miss you. No one cares about the mic:D

F.S.

Back